Appealing a ban?

PSSr Logic7

Appealing a ban?

Post by PSSr Logic7 »

I'm pretty sure this had something to do with my son playing (nick: lilguy), but it appears my IP address has been banned. Any way I can find out why and appeal it?
virus

Re: Appealing a ban?

Post by virus »

Are you from Las Vegas?
[NHOP]Virus
PSSr Logic7

Post by PSSr Logic7 »

virus wrote:Are you from Las Vegas?
Yep.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

What happens in Vegas stays banned?
virus

Post by virus »

LOL It was your son that I was banned too! Hahaha

That was about 3 years ago. It took me a good month of convincing the community that I wasn't him. Then I was accused of being someone else, but that's another story.

I hope for you to be exonerated. Good luck.
[NHOP]Virus
PSSr Logic7

Post by PSSr Logic7 »

virus wrote:LOL It was your son that I was banned too! Hahaha

That was about 3 years ago. It took me a good month of convincing the community that I wasn't him. Then I was accused of being someone else, but that's another story.

I hope for you to be exonerated. Good luck.
I had an issue with him on Tribes RPG about 3 years ago. They thought he was an AI bot trying to learn the game or something. Took a few minutes to convince the admins of that server that it was, in fact, my son playing at the same time I was and not a bot (The wife still talks about that from time to time).

He loved Tribes RPG and was trying to show me how to play it and I was trying to get him to play "regular" Tribes. He does now, and since I started playing Annihilation again after yeeeears off, he started playing as well (I actually started playing Annihilation on these servers when they first appeared in the master server list many years ago).

I probably wouldn't sweat it if this was years ago when there was an abundance of Renegades, Annihilation, and especially Shifter servers to play on. I'd just switch to a different server and wait it out. But that ain't the case anymore, and populated servers are hard to come by these days.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

So, I have to ask the obvious question, here...

If we unban you, will your son get you banned again?

Personally, I don't care whether it's a little kid, a bot, a milf, or some dude claiming his noob family is at fault.

The question is, will your IP address be caught breaking rules, again?
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

At this point im fine with the appeal but it has to go threw other admins on here. Lets face it 3 years is a long time and life is short. Most will agree with that. To me as long as your ip isnt breaking rules or giving others problem, its fair to say lift the ban. As other say there arent many populated servers anymore. We can only do our best to keep the game going, by at least letting one extra players be part of this small community of what its left. Again most would agree.

Thanks!

Owner
PSSr Logic7

Post by PSSr Logic7 »

perrinoia wrote:So, I have to ask the obvious question, here...

If we unban you, will your son get you banned again?

Personally, I don't care whether it's a little kid, a bot, a milf, or some dude claiming his noob family is at fault.

The question is, will your IP address be caught breaking rules, again?
I guess my question going to be obvious:

What rule did he break?

I need to know so I can let him know not to do whatever it was again.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Owner wrote:At this point im fine with the appeal but it has to go threw other admins on here. Lets face it 3 years is a long time and life is short. Most will agree with that. To me as long as your ip isnt breaking rules or giving others problem, its fair to say lift the ban. As other say there arent many populated servers anymore. We can only do our best to keep the game going, by at least letting one extra players be part of this small community of what its left. Again most would agree.

Thanks!

Owner
I think this is all that needs to be said and is frankly the only reasonable way to react. I was banned from a popular group of servers in Counter Strike: Source (After Hours Pub) for 7 years because of something I did when I was younger. It took a lengthy and exorbitant appeal when I finally got fed up with it to get it reversed a couple months ago. People change quite a bit in even a few years. Paste your IP and someone unban him. There doesn't need to be a discussion -- three years is a long time.