Lunchbox....

{LS}RePublic

Re: Lunchbox....

Post by {LS}RePublic »

I'm ok with only the admins seeing my previous alias, Not that they will show up in the system anyhow. The public dont need to know xD
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Depends on the situation, but if someone is using aliases to not play a proper game and do things to either team, or use someone else's name while playing to ruin game play, then yes everyone needs to know, so the voting goes the right way. Lately, this has been happening on the Br server, and I've seen it happen on a couple LT servers, but the LT servers who didn't have an admin on, everyone was able to vote properly and get that player off the server to stop ruining game play. If that person had stayed on due to the voting not going the correct way, then you would have had people rage quit. Besides, what do you have to hide?
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Well lists aren't infinite are they? So someone could possibly join 10 times to clear that list while no ones around haha
Also that last line is quoted way too much, but if anything id say to cover up the existence of Crow impersonating bob
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The way the alias tracker is currently written, you can never clear it out... However, you can definitely exceed the character limit.

Code: Select all

%nameString = %nameString@"~"@%clname;	

Code: Select all

%namestring = string::getsubstr(%namestring,0,900);
Since it appends new aliases to the end of the string, and truncates the string to 900 characters, the server will always remember the first 900 characters worth of aliases and forget the rest.

The system I'm writing uses a variable array rather than a single string, thus is only limited by the server's memory capacity.
Due to the fact that Tribes has a maximum memory capacity, someone made a plugin that increases the limit, and I definitely use that plugin, since it prevents memory overload crashes.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Sometimes people smurf just to play without people dropping. I've had to do this on a few occasions. I've also seen Assassin and others have to do this.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Assasin has been doing it due to people flaming him when they see him on as Assasin, which was the reason he relayed to me.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's lame. Why do people treat you guys like that?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Assassin has become really good at PB. He has a really fast reaction time with it. Faster than mine even with his near 300 ping (mines usually 76). He's faster and better than most with a ping sub 100. Even dueling him you wouldn't guess his ping was that high. He gets a lot of grief from others about it (HM, hax, etc). I give him grief sometimes, cause there is no way I could be that accurate with such a high ping. Not sure if he adjusted his predict forward, etc settings to account for higher ping to help. Titan is really my weakest armor. I should work on that.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Im all for this anti smurf code, how long till we roll it out?
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Dunno... I'm a perfectionist, and I keep rewriting it from scratch before I finish it...