Stupid ass missing map file errors *sigh*

Sinister

Re: Stupid ass missing map file errors *sigh*

Post by Sinister »

Nothing at all. I literally copied a brand new download of it, and put it into a seperate folder in my C drive. and it still happened
Groove

Post by Groove »

strange that you're having trouble with all different configs, including your old one

are you using something other than windows like Zorin or WINE? maybe a strange filesystem thats changing load order? maybe its a permissions issue?
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

No just regular windows 10. Other installs work just fine, it's just that i tested various folders from Moove Tribes with other installs to test where the problem was, and they all worked fine until i moved base folder from moove tribes into a working install, and that install gave me the same error. The issue is somewhere in that configs base folder.
Groove

Post by Groove »

yeah there's a lot of stuff in /base so that doesn't narrow it down much

but the 'Moove' config is a 1.40 scriptGL config, none of the scripting will be compatible with non-scriptGL configs and scripting from previous versions, you can't really mix/match stuff in it with other configs other than the skins (unless you really know what you're doing)

idk if you're changing something, but i can download the 'moove' config and host sulfurious/sulfuriousLT without problems on win7/10
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Im slowly narrowing it down lol. First i added all the client side maps i could possibly find, that didn't seem to be the problem. I'll figure it out i think though
The EcKo

Post by The EcKo »

the Base LT server kicks me for "illegal" flags on groove config. :/
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I think he's got the Tribes: Vengeance flags in that config...
Groove

Post by Groove »

yeah with the moove config and the binswees aspie config i only did the scripting and fixed bugs

the skins/hud graphics/models/sound/mappacks were all done by milkman/binswees in those (altho i may have compressed/optimized their pngs)

i dont particularly like those T:V flags either, i dont put them into my own configs but to each their own

i hate the fog/skies in the binswees installer too, but aesthetics are such a personal thing so i kept my mouth shut ;)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Groove, what config do you currently use while playing?
Groove

Post by Groove »

ive only played about an hour over the last year but when i do its usually just my 't1.40basic' config, in red w/no skies + lodfix

i like to keep it simple these days