Gamma Issue

Fixious

Gamma Issue

Post by Fixious »

Whenever I startup Tribes, it'll automatically reset the gamma values I originally had after a few seconds. The strange thing is that when I attempt to record this, the video doesn't show any change. It's as though Windows is overriding it or adding some kind of overlay that neither FRAPs nor OBS can pickup, in an attempt to display it how Windows thinks is best.

If I alt tab out and back in, it'll do it again. I've checked to see if adaptive brightness is enabled and it isn't.

:idk:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Gamma Issue

Post by perrinoia »

I've had this issue before. I just touch the gamma slider, and it's fixed, until next time.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Yeah that's what I'm currently doing as well.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I was browsing through some post on reddit about disabling certain Razer Synapse things, and ended up uninstalling Razer Stats since I never use it. For whatever fucked up reason, T1 no longer resets the gamma at launch. So, yay.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't think I have Razer stats, but I'll check, the next time I'm in the sane country as my computer.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

So, it has nothing to do with Razer Synapse after all. I guess I also messed with my Intel HD graphics options which seems to be the main culprit. After changing everything for maximum performance and disabling 'override application settings', it no longer resets the gamma.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

btw incase you're wondering why recording software doesn't capture gamma. I think its because the preference is telling the application to display it, but the recording software probably doesn't capture gamma values because it only captures raw video
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Excellent investigative work, guys.