Server Admin Assistance

OldGuy

Re: Server Admin Assistance

Post by OldGuy »

KILROY wrote:
OldGuy wrote:Well, I'm no lawyer. But, seems to me it's a tough nut to crack. it's one thing to prove a physical location and maybe even a specific computer. Proving the operator would be an entirely different level of legal complexity.
The charges will be brought forth of who the person(s) is that is paying for the IP.
How do you prove who was banging on the keyboard? And which statute says the person paying for the IP is responsible for criminal activity when they are not aware of said activity?

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req ... on:prelim)
https://it.ojp.gov/PrivacyLiberty/autho ... tutes/1285
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

OG, don't start up another problem with a post issue. I know what I've done in the past with working with the Gov't, military, and law enforcement to aid them, and I'm not going to make a bunch of long lengthy post going back and forth on this subject, arguing to try to teach you something that can take years for you to learn. Posting some links to a few bylaws doesn't show the whole book. Like you said, your not a lawyer, nor have you ever done anything that pertains to my job duties. Duties that I have been working in for over 20 years. So stop bringing your ranting onto the forum now, and move on.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

KILROY wrote:OG, don't start up another problem with a post issue. I know what I've done in the past with working with the Gov't, military, and law enforcement to aid them, and I'm not going to make a bunch of long lengthy post going back and forth on this subject, arguing to try to teach you something that can take years for you to learn. Posting some links to a few bylaws doesn't show the whole book. Like you said, your not a lawyer, nor have you ever done anything that pertains to my job duties. Duties that I have been working in for over 20 years. So stop bringing your ranting onto the forum now, and move on.
No offense. I'm not trying to start a problem post. I honestly want to understand because I'm curious by nature. Btw, they're not bylaws. They're federal statutes. I don't need to know 20 years of proprietary stuff. Didn't mean to start a riff. Forget I asked. It's ok. really.