Both servers

LunaticChick

Both servers

Post by LunaticChick »

are down :(
Firelord

Re: Both servers

Post by Firelord »

I am (accidentally) the cause of both of the crashes. I discovered a glitch, which I shared on Discord. I'll repost it here:

I found a glitch with the titan armor. If you have the new titan weapon rotation enabled and buy a thumper (potentially other guns out of the default titan weapons, haven't tested) it won't let you switch to the thumper. If you change to the old titan weapon rotation, you can use it.

However, if you have the thumper selected (while using the old rotation) and switch *back* to the new titan rotation, the server crashes. This happened in the BR server and I thought it might be a coincidence. I hopped over to the Dallas server to test it there and that one also crashed.

I'd prioritize this fix to prevent abusers from intentionally crashing the server with it.
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

I don't think that's a problem since you discovered it. The main server is up and running. Thanks
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I just started the main server back up I haven't had a chance to take a look at it. I'm curious if this is somehow related to the latest patch or if nobody really found this for all this time since crow added the old titan rotation settings. That would be pretty funny to be honest, but yeah any time you mess up the weapon mounts when trying to add a new weapon it's a hard server crash if you switch to that weapon so it wouldn't surprise me if it's just the mount getting assigned wrong when switching.
Azul

Post by Azul »

I haven't seen the thumper used in ages. I think it should be magnified by 10

Maybe I'm thinking of the shockwave cannon. Either way, the weapon that pushes enemies back, should be magnified. It would be funny/helpful to have a weapon that, if landed, does half the power of a admin slap, or a boost, but in an aoe like the shockwave
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Azul wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:54 am I haven't seen the thumper used in ages. I think it should be magnified by 10

Maybe I'm thinking of the shockwave cannon. Either way, the weapon that pushes enemies back, should be magnified. It would be funny/helpful to have a weapon that, if landed, does half the power of a admin slap, or a boost, but in an aoe like the shockwave
I like the idea of modifying a bit and reducing the damage it does. I don't think the boost needs to be changed too much (maybe a little increase) because it has a lot of ammo with a fast fire rate.

I was playing with some titan (hence the glitch/crash) and troll loadouts with the thumper to use as a booster and make a much more mobile armor. It works well with the troll because of the autorepair troll pack — you can really get moving pretty fast. Thumper + troll boost grenades makes it into a pretty mobile and strong armor.

If the damage was reduced some more armors could use the thumper in place of rocket boosting. I've been advocating for a Tank remodel for years and the Thumper could possibly be a good way of giving the tank some more mobility (its current rocket launchers do too much damage to rocket jump with). Right now the armor is basically worthless outside camping inside the base. Better energy regeneration + *slightly* increased speed + more health (like the OG tank) + a better thumper could make a pretty fun armor.

Part of why I advocate for a stronger tank is that there isn't a great noob friendly armor right now. Sniping takes a lot of time to get good at (and some people never get there) so that rules out cham, titan, and builder. Necro is weak and really best for base infiltration. Troll and warrior are the best for noobs right now, but both take a lot of practice with movement and skiing before they're really viable. So noobs end up going to the angel armor, buzzing around for awhile, and then leaving.

All to say: let's beef up the thumper!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Thumper switching while changing Titan loadouts should be fixed now. By the way the thumper projectile acts similar to the mortar projectile in legends in that every 0.1 seconds it's running a check for nearby players and vehicles and if one is close enough the projectile detonates itself. It's a good anti-vehicle weapon, especially if you have an Angel flying around in an Interceptor or something. Also try using it not just to boost yourself, but to change the flight path of enemies. Usually I'll shoot it slightly above their head to make them go down and land.