An open letter to the admins

SpydeR.
Site Admin

Re: An open letter to the admins

Post by SpydeR. »

He's now smurfing under BlackSheep's name. I agree with you on the registration thing because a lot of new players and old wouldn't want to go through the trouble to play a 16 yr old game, but if you want to save this guy from tarnishing your reputation by going under who ever's alias's and destroying the flow of the game on your behalf then you should register your name. I have been unable to play through a single map for the last 6 hours without this guy bking all my stuff and spam voting, and there is nothing me and the other players in the server seem to be able to do about it. :nono:
Real

Post by Real »

perrinoia wrote:Just make everyone register.
Use html open send email verifications.
yeah lets just do it through the master and send everyone to meatspin while we're at it
:lolz:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I meant for the server to force registration, and use htmlopen to send email verification to the player's email address, not sent to the few clients who haven't disabled it, to open the forums or whatever.
Real

Post by Real »

AFAIK HTML open will only work on clients if they have some sort of compatible script the server can call. Unless you do it forcibly :trolol:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

No, you tard nuggets.

A webpage will open on which ever machine calls htmlOpen.

I want the server to open a webpage such as "mailto:someone@domain.com" with a verification code that the player must confirm in game.

You are all confused about how HTMLOpen works, because Bob used an exploit to run code locally on every machine that loaded the server list.

Most clients have patched this exploit, and overwritten HTMLOpen to ensure no other exploit could result in launching a webpage.
Real

Post by Real »

No perin I understand how HTML works I was just saying the server can't tell the client to HTMLopen, that's what I thought you were suggesting
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Exactly, I said I wanted the server to use htmlopen, and you said the client needs a compatible script, and someone else suggested sending clients to meat spin.

But I'm glad we're on the same page, now.

We'll probably need an email webpage that takes the client's email address and verification code through the url, and fills that info into a form letter and sends it.
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

....still dealing with the same guy, had a good 8v8 going today and he came on and ruined it, is there anyway we can introduce new admins for the server? It always seems like there are no admins on. Thanks.
assasin

Post by assasin »

Was he base killing ??? :/
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

everything on both teams. He logs in under multiple usernames usually as someone who is already on and BK's everything for hours, limiting the amount of people who will stay in the server and pretty much making it so we cannot play a normal map. I'm on all the time and have dealt with it on numerous occasions. Having admin abilities would fix this.