Falsely accused of HM

sabo1

Falsely accused of HM

Post by sabo1 »

SO I get accused of using HM all the time, I play under different names, recent people might know me from the character Bin or Peacemaker.

I dont use HM or any mods, I dont even see what HM does to be accused of it.

Googling it and reading about it, All I could see was you could turn off fog??!

If its something to do with distance, then people need to realize I often put up sensors that detect and show you on the map, even if I am at range.

The other night Dark started being a dick to me calling me an HM user.

Not mad, just putting this out there, not everyone accused of stuff is a cheater. I always been against mods and cheats, the only thing I have set custom on my set up is I have extra favorites, and that came with the tribes setup I downloaded, It might have even been from this site. Dont remember now.

I also like to attack people from odd angles so they dont know where its coming from, just because I use tactics, dont mean I am a cheater.

Anyhow, feel free to OB me in play, I dont use mods, never needed to, and never will. If I suck that bad at a game that I need a mod, I will go back to chess.

I enjoy the server, and I can try to stream my games if people need proof. But please stop calling me an Hm user and stop being dicks to me admin, thanks.
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: Falsely accused of HM

Post by Erowid »

Don't worry about HM accusations for the most part, just use 1.30 or 1.41 and then you're fine really.

DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Agreed. Use 1.30 or 1.41. I observed you and watched you with 1.11 myself leading through hills on Snowblind. I don't think you normally HM. There was another Smurf who was doing the same. Enough said.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

DaRk wrote:Agreed. Use 1.30 or 1.41. I observed you and watched you with 1.11 myself leading through hills on Snowblind. I don't think you normally HM. There was another Smurf who was doing the same. Enough said.
No you didnt, I use 1.41.656 - no mods, no hm, no hacks.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I get auto kicked on occasion due to an unresponsive last hope client. It's not due to hacks. It's due to lag.

I've also been accused of HM due to strategically utilizing sensors.

I don't see IFF triangles through walls or terrain, but I do see them on the minimap (radar), and know which direction to look.
I look at the horizon and wait until a head pops over it, take the hot and wait for the accusation.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

accused again, kicked and banned by dark.

I dint use any mod or hacks, what do I got to do to prove this?? lol.

Do people not realize when you are close you show up on the radar map, it dont take HM to see where people are charging in on you.

Dark is so dam stupid. I am sitting on top the base, in a base like broadside, but small map, frontside maybe? I am at the top, people are charging in going behind and then coming back to the side entrance opening. I can see you on the radar with no hacks, when I am standing up there.

FFS, the team was turtles up in base, all of them defending downstairs so, I did D up top and ws trying to fight out some.

I cought a couple people charge in and I get banned. Dark says I have to be using hm, when he is a dumb ass who dont know how the dam close range radar works it seems.

I dont give a crap, I wasted enough time on this server, keep banning people who did nothing wrong, see how that works out for you all.

peace
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

I'll kick you for HM all day. Use 1.41 or GTFO. You use 1.41 some days then you don't. I observe you constantly with both. Funny how you don't drag through walls when your using 1.41, then do without it. But as I said above...
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

I dont use HM, I use 1.41.656, you lack basic concept of the game mechanics.

there is a mini radar, I dont know if you dont use it or what not, but I have it pretty big on my screen and I can see the red dots in it pretty easy.

I am looking for the recording but I dont see it at the moment, if I find it I will post it. Dont know if you banning me messed it up or not.
sabo1

Post by sabo1 »

Ok so I think the game play recording speaks for itself, you were charging me, not knowing you are showing up CLEARLY on my MINI MAP RADAR.

CLEARLY.

http://www.mind-wars.com/dl/r-ban.rec (tribes game recording file) - put in tribes recording folder and play demo recording from in game.

Its about 30 min of some dull and not so impressive base D, but then I start attacking and you can clearly see me attack people from either radar direction clues, or visual identification. I even laughed at the end when you said HM, because you were so clearly on my radar.

I know throw a grenade one side, and come in the other is such novel tactics, but when your on radar it dont matter, as you can see for your self.

Anyone with ideas I hack or us hm, or any other garbage, feel free to watch the demo and you can see 1st hand its normal dam play, not very impressive.

I dont cheat. I wonder if you are man enough to apologize and admit you were wrong.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Dark. Lag definitely causes that HM checker to lie. There is a time limit for client response. At first it says unresponsive client, then after a few more failed attempts to verify, sometimes it auto kicks the client. If it ever says the client is unresponsive or using hax or anything like that, but later says they are a verified user without them disconnecting, you definitely caught them lagging, not HMing.

The only way to verify someone is using HM is to observe them while using HM yourself. Even then, it could be a coincidence that they are aiming at an IFF through the terrain. Definitely requires more than one mission worth of observation.