Ozzie

Mysterious admin abuse

Post by Ozzie »

Pretty sure it was Kilroy, seeing as he was the only other admin online

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbL9kX ... sp=sharing
KILROY

Re: Mysterious admin abuse

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, that was me, sorry Ozzie, but it wasn't. My nephew (13 yrs. old) is here visiting me from Colorado for a week. I was introducing him to Tribes, and left my gamming laptop on while I was in another room using a working computer to do some work with the electrical storm we just had one or two nights ago (don't remember, been some long day and nights working being on call 24/7) to remotely fix some transport lines that were having issues.

I don't know exactly what happened since I wasn't there, but this is what my nephew's side of the story was. He said he kept seeing this person named Ozzie to abuse community voting. He would vote for more time and it wouldn't pass, but keep doing it, even though it never passed, and did it multiple times, even when another player voted for more time and it didn't pass with the majority of the people already on the server playing the game. So when he kept doing it, he decided to do something about it, due to messing with buttons throughout the day, and noticing my character had the ability to do things to other characters in the game. After doing something, it didn't affect the player Ozzie to much, he would just go back to his game play....he thought it was part of the game....LOL. I told him NO, that's a special privilege that is given to certain people that play in a particular server for this game by uppers, and what he did could be considered abuse. But he said the guy Ozzie was abusing also. I told him, that he was not abusing his admin rights, he was using open chat to vote for something. I also told him, since I didn't see Ozzie or the other player doing multiple votes to extend time, even when they majority of the server denied it, I can't just go by what you say...I have to see it, and since I don't have rights to see the server logs...I can only send a request for it for verification.

I retold him again, what you did was wrong in a way. If they were abusing community voting then they were in the wrong. I told him that I believe what he told me, and will find out. But what you also did, went too far. He then said he was only trying to do the right thing after seeing what they did, and after seeing that guy Ozzie go back into the game and then start doing things back, and then put you in the game also, I thought it was part of the game. I laughed, and then re-explained to him it was not the game.

Again Ozzie, yes, it was my character name abusing you, but it wasn't me personally, really sorry bro! I'll make sure not to let him use my gamming laptop when here. He can only use my old Vista laptop instead.
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

No worries m8 I just wanted to know what was going on...

As far as the voting goes yeah lunchbox and I voted a few times in a row but it wasn’t an insane amount or anything and that didn’t have anything to do with admin powers. I can see how a 13 year old kid could get confused about it tho lol

Anyways no hard feelings and I hope your nephew gets more into the game! (without admin powers of course)

Maybe have him check out my youtube channel :3
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Ozzie wrote:As far as the voting goes yeah lunchbox and I voted a few times in a row...
A few times, lol. I must have hit ctrl-N at least two dozen times. :rofl:
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ozzie wrote:Maybe have him check out my youtube channel :3
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChJvK1 ... ikfbdkg5Eg

Hey thanks! And he's likes the vid's and watching them now! ;)

EDIT: Actually, I like some of the vid's also, and watching them with him :ttup:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OldGuy wrote:
Ozzie wrote:As far as the voting goes yeah lunchbox and I voted a few times in a row...
A few times, lol. I must have hit ctrl-N at least two dozen times. :rofl:
Burn the witch!