Spam Voting

Striker

Spam Voting

Post by Striker »

Ok, you guys know I am not one to complain, but this was getting ridiculous.

We were playing a nice game of Tribes and both sides got their D up and were going at each other. Then in the middle of the map, someone (I won't say who) initiated a vote to change the mission. The vote didn't pass, and not even 3 seconds later, a vote to start next mission was initiated by the same guy. That didn't pass either, so I didn't pay much attention. This is where it got out of hand. The one guy started the votes literally like 25 times, all in rapid succession. NONE of them passed, and I asked him several times to stop and he would say, "No." and keep going. A couple other players joined in and kept asking him, but he kept initiating the votes. I finally left.

There was no admin, which is another problem. There should be at least one admin on ALL OF THE TIME. So people like the guy mentioned above don't ruin the game for others.

Thanks,
Striker
Matt Fox

Re: Spam Voting

Post by Matt Fox »

what's the point of tattling on someone, and keeping their name hidden ?
Speechless Gaming Team - {TXM} Forum

Tree's Number One Bitch.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

Yeah, you wanna possibly PM me the name? I'll keep an eye out. I've been smurfing a lately, and busy with work and what not; so it's rare I'm actually playing. ^^
LunaticChick

Post by LunaticChick »

I thought there was a "anti" spam vote in place so ppls could not spam votes. I have seen it for myself when I forgot I voted and then tried to vote again within a few mins. So I am not sure how one ppl could spam vote 25 times in a row. Maybe it's not working now.

There can't be an Admin ingame for every game. We don't have paid Admin to admin every game. Ain't gonna happen.

I think you should pm one of the Owners, like bo who is active, with the name of the ppl, date and time so they can look at the records and see what happened.
Aaquib

Post by Aaquib »

no that still works but you can do spam voting by simply dropping and connecting that way you can vote again & again

its like drop connect vote
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

you can also just vote something else. and that way it keeps letting you vote. spam blocker only works on the same type of vote.
there is another solution, start your own vote to kick him !
Striker

Post by Striker »

@Matt: I'm not tattling, I am just asking the admins to be aware of people abusing the vote system.

@Luna: They were switching between votes - "Start next mission" and "Change mission to _____" - that is how they did it so many times.

@Lawlz: I just didn't want to star a war with the person who was doing it, but apparently it doesn't matter...it was Loghead and some guy named Avenger.

@Bo: I did, and the vote was 2-0 to kick, but apparently it wasn't enough votes.
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

It's just voting. You have the right to vote or ignore it.

Is there a freeze option available? Maybe add that to the public voting to freeze or strip their voting rights if there's spam anything. We have that in our TXM servers and it does wonders.
RairLogic

Post by RairLogic »

I say we should strip voting rights from everyone and then add ponies to the game.... There will be no problems if there is ponies in the game..... duh
Matt Fox

Post by Matt Fox »

RairLogic wrote:I say add ponies to the game.... There will be no problems if there is ponies in the game..... duh
gtfo
Speechless Gaming Team - {TXM} Forum

Tree's Number One Bitch.