What needs fixed in the server?

SAND

Re: What needs fixed in the server?

Post by SAND »

LunaticChick wrote:In the Snipers Dream map, sometimes the switch just disappears once one team has captured it and the other team can't get to it.

thats because they put a airbase above it
SAND

Post by SAND »

TXRedneck wrote:
SAND wrote:also people play anni because they like to do other things then cap and chase.
I give up on this one. There's too many stalemates and I can't get players from other mod's to come over due to the insane amount of defensive deployables permitted to be set. It's the same complaint. I put in the request and have voiced my opinion and that of many others several times pertaining to this concern. (sticks out tongue) :mrgreen:

Enable a mute/ignore function so those that can't seem to keep their mouths shut can be shushed!
thats why i put up the LT server for everyone who wanted to play that way.

if there is more then just LT you want i can make one of those too
SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Erowid wrote:Tip: always use turret killer mode.
Thanks, much appreciated !
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

SGT ROCK

Post by SGT ROCK »

Lawlz wrote:s for the whole, "base is about who can move the fastest," that's totally not true. Base is way more team oriented than you could imagine. Not only is the whole sole purpose of base CTF, but you even have people plan out what they are going to do. Even In a Public game, I can get people to do things like taking the flag from me If I have low hp, running opposing routes to stir the enemy, someone clearing the stand, etc etc.

Hmmm, deployables never seem to be a huge problem until you're trying to destroy them inside the base. Anything outside is easy to destroy.
And it's not just the particle beam you have to use, you just need to be somewhat organized in how you do it, or good with pitching with a force field. Even simple things like a Plasma Gun can take out most people's defenses now-a-days. (Unless you know how to properly set it :P)

As for being able to move defenses on the opposing team, why not? You can't sit there and complain that defenses are too strong when you have the option to pretty much move all of it... That's just being hypocritical.

I pretty much agree on the JailGun though, but for a different reason. I think it's stupid you can have a Chem Pack + A Jail Gun. I really think it should be one or the other, so to use the Jail Gun, you'd have to have a designated pack for it. If I wanted I could win every map just jailing people, and dismantling their whole base. (Granted I think I'd be a huge flamer for doing it though.) But I agree, being spammed with a gun where you literally sit the whole map is retarded and kills the server.

And finally... when you're talking about standard laser, are you talking about the Particle Beam? If so, I agree with Erowid.. I would never leave Turret Killer Mode. It takes roughly 12% to kill any armor, and that way you can also take out things like blastwalls, and forcefields without a problem from a distance if need be. (Not to mention you can shoot excessively faster than standard mode.)
Points well taken...

I really wasn't saying defenses were too strong, "I tended to agree(there are a large number of deployables) but" The number of players makes a difference I think. I've seen some very good games where there are a lot of players in there and many ties for the map when the server is full. I've seen a few well orchestrated attacks with multiple heavies that really laid waste to what I thought were ok defenses.
I played back in the day, heavy, exclusively base, never played mods. I've only been back a short while now so that's were I'm coming from. I do feel some of those things I mentioned, I felt were unbalancing, could be tweaked somewhat. That jail deal though, uggggggggggggggggh!

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!
"Some of you young men think that war is all glamour and glory, but let me tell you, boys, it is all hell!"
-General William T. Sherman

Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

SGT ROCK wrote:
Lawlz wrote:s for the whole, "base is about who can move the fastest," that's totally not true. Base is way more team oriented than you could imagine. Not only is the whole sole purpose of base CTF, but you even have people plan out what they are going to do. Even In a Public game, I can get people to do things like taking the flag from me If I have low hp, running opposing routes to stir the enemy, someone clearing the stand, etc etc.

Hmmm, deployables never seem to be a huge problem until you're trying to destroy them inside the base. Anything outside is easy to destroy.
And it's not just the particle beam you have to use, you just need to be somewhat organized in how you do it, or good with pitching with a force field. Even simple things like a Plasma Gun can take out most people's defenses now-a-days. (Unless you know how to properly set it :P)

As for being able to move defenses on the opposing team, why not? You can't sit there and complain that defenses are too strong when you have the option to pretty much move all of it... That's just being hypocritical.

I pretty much agree on the JailGun though, but for a different reason. I think it's stupid you can have a Chem Pack + A Jail Gun. I really think it should be one or the other, so to use the Jail Gun, you'd have to have a designated pack for it. If I wanted I could win every map just jailing people, and dismantling their whole base. (Granted I think I'd be a huge flamer for doing it though.) But I agree, being spammed with a gun where you literally sit the whole map is retarded and kills the server.

And finally... when you're talking about standard laser, are you talking about the Particle Beam? If so, I agree with Erowid.. I would never leave Turret Killer Mode. It takes roughly 12% to kill any armor, and that way you can also take out things like blastwalls, and forcefields without a problem from a distance if need be. (Not to mention you can shoot excessively faster than standard mode.)
Points well taken...

I really wasn't saying defenses were too strong, "I tended to agree(there are a large number of deployables) but" The number of players makes a difference I think. I've seen some very good games where there are a lot of players in there and many ties for the map when the server is full. I've seen a few well orchestrated attacks with multiple heavies that really laid waste to what I thought were ok defenses.
I played back in the day, heavy, exclusively base, never played mods. I've only been back a short while now so that's were I'm coming from. I do feel some of those things I mentioned, I felt were unbalancing, could be tweaked somewhat. That jail deal though, uggggggggggggggggh!

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!
No problem. I was pretty much just stating how I felt about it as well, while throwing some advice your way :P
Wasn't intended to be rude or anything. ^^!
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

lil Tigga {OZ} wrote:ive got an idea lets remove the invos from anni and all other armors for that matter and have people run back a forth capping..... wait i think they have that already how popular is that type of server again compared to br?

:lol: Well most of us moved on to Ascend. Didn't realize an insult was really warranted here but w/e.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

TXRedneck wrote:
lil Tigga {OZ} wrote:ive got an idea lets remove the invos from anni and all other armors for that matter and have people run back a forth capping..... wait i think they have that already how popular is that type of server again compared to br?

:lol: Well most of us moved on to Ascend. Didn't realize an insult was really warranted here but w/e.
I think that was more meant for the LT base players, not an insult to Ren players :P
lil Tigga {OZ}

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

Lawlz wrote:
TXRedneck wrote:

I think that was more meant for the LT base players, not an insult to Ren players :P
yes, yes it was. didint mean it as an insult just making a point sarcastically i play ascend as well and i like it i have you on my list but have never seen you on when im on add me up long. biggaveli
TXRedneck

Post by TXRedneck »

Coo-

And got ya added bruh. ;)