Happy Mod

S_hift

Happy Mod

Post by S_hift »

this guy draven came in and started using hm, but of course I expect nothing less of anyone. This matter will go unresolved.

this is the link to the rec file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8wejv7qc8r3jevq
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Happy Mod

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Lol, did you give him an ass whoopin I hope?
Striker

Post by Striker »

S_hift chill bro. People HM every single day. Just fuck em over and show that HM doesn't make them any better.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Crow, I wouldn't have recorded if it wasn't a problem. He kept using HM with a cham, so it was hard for me to find him amongst the fray of heavy particle beam snipers. He was real sneaky with it too. Hiding behind mountains in dense fog :(

Lets just say he got the best of me.
RairLogic

Post by RairLogic »

Striker wrote:S_hift chill bro. People HM every single day. Just fuck em over and show that HM doesn't make them any better.
S_hift chill bro. People hug men every single day. Just fuck em over and show that hugging men doesn't make them any better.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

So you telling me you got your ass handed to you? sigh......
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

shift is too noob to own ppl with hm come on
EvilTree{OZ}
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Here's what I've been getting from a few responses. It's ok to use happy mod there, only if you suck with or without it? I know you guys may not care about this game any more. But I still do, quite a bit in fact.

When admins and owners say things like "if you want to report someone using happy mod please post a recording of them."
Whats the point when the answer shows no sign of caring or giving the least bit of interest?

What I'm saying is. You actually do in fact owe it to the Annihilation Community to at least punish those players. It is a server rule and it should be enforced.

Another thing that bothers me, is that a lot of the admins are afraid to put their reputation on the line, because they are afraid of loosing their admin status on the server or afraid of what the general player base will think.

Please close this topic I am done here.
bo'sdad

Post by bo'sdad »

we do try to police the server as much as possible. however, even with a recording not all admins see the same thing. as a group we try to look over the vids that are presented and make a call. this is not always so easy or clear cut. but we don't ignore them either. when someone is suspected, we try to look over the vid. but we also keep an eye on them when they play. we don't want to bring the player base down any further than it already is, but we also want a clean fair game for everyone. it's a lot tougher than you think to do this. I may call it hm, frank might call it hm, then evil says ( maybe ) crow says noway. and so on. and sometimes I have to except that other admins are seeing other reasons that I don't. we try to be fair, and we try very hard not to ban someone that may not be using hm. recently we have had one player that have split the admins almost down the middle on this issue, and even with vids, we cant get a clear picture. so he stays playing. but it wouldn't be fair to that player if he was banned by one admin, and he really didn't use hm. so as you see, it's not always cut and dry. the system isn't perfect, and can be frustrating at times. but so far, it seems to be the fairest Ive ever seen in tribes.

I get your frustration, I really do. but we are trying to be fair, and keep the server full of players at the same time. that's not to say we let them get away with it just to have players, it's saying we take our time to make sure before we act.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

thanks bo, I always respected you as an admin. Never afraid to take any action. You're like the judge dred of admins lol

Maybe owner should do what bongwater did and host the same edit of annihilation, just all hm maps and make it hm++