portable gens and base protection

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: portable gens and base protection

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I like your idea on the 6v6 death, and that sounds like a good number to use. I will also write up a script for the auto even teams. And I will find this issue with the port gens. I'm guessing it has to do with the invo fix and the base mod the server uses. I'll get the first two knocked out quick and throw BR the update. Then start the research on the power issue. I have a strong feeling it has to do with the global invo fix.
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

Perhaps BR should host a 1 player server for Death to beable to do his mapping on. (passworded of course)

That may help with some power issues, i don't know.. just a thought.
He is currently the server map developer, so why not throw him a place to map on.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:I like your idea on the 6v6 death, and that sounds like a good number to use. I will also write up a script for the auto even teams. And I will find this issue with the port gens. I'm guessing it has to do with the invo fix and the base mod the server uses. I'll get the first two knocked out quick and throw BR the update. Then start the research on the power issue. I have a strong feeling it has to do with the global invo fix.
Thanks crow, you're a god. Please don't forget to fix the wording on the votes initiated to start to next mission (take out the quoting of what the next map would have been) and to keep or recreate the code to make default map transitions pick a random map from that type (ctf, etc.). The variety in maps played from day to day seems to have vastly improved after moving away from the old system.

Would it be possible to also add the ability to vote for the following map similar to how an admin can set the next mission without forcing the current one to end? "Playername initiated a vote to choose the following map as MapName". Or something similar so it's not too confusing.

The portgen issue could still very well be map related as it doesn't make much sense that they work on most maps, but have issues on others. I haven't had the time to look into it yet following the last map update so I'll try to get that done soon and see if I can figure anything out.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I'll add them today.

Edit: They are on the server now.