portable gens and base protection

bo'sdad

portable gens and base protection

Post by bo'sdad »

after the last edit was done the players had listed a few things that needed to be fixed.
one of them was the fact that portable gens don't work.
another was the 3v3 base protection to keep players from dropping when player numbers are low.
does anyone have anything else they need looked at ? please post it here so it is all in one place.
Beavis

Re: portable gens and base protection

Post by Beavis »

Uneven teams ...Biggest problem right now.
I asked them to even it up!

And the results are
They still lost..lol
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Lol
EvilTree{OZ}
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Nice bro
EvilTree{OZ}
virus

Post by virus »

I believe shifter has a line of code that auto reassigns team when numbers change. I think annihilation has it but its disabled by default. Code scans every 30secs and reassigns accordingly.
[NHOP]Virus
virus

Post by virus »

bo'sdad wrote: 3v3 base protection to keep players from dropping when player numbers are low.
How is this possible?
How about if we disabled genrape if teams have less than 5 players? Something from Tribes2 servers.
[NHOP]Virus
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

Portable Gens do work ... If that was the case, my broadside/blastside defense would be useless....
However, I have noticed that some of the newer maps that are around, they don't work.

I do like the new maps, however they are quite confusing and seems they were made in someones own views.
Many maps have been created in the past, and have been submitted hoping they would be put to use. But it seems only Death666 has any luck having his maps published. Quite bias if I do say so myself. But then again, I'm just a crybaby to most of you guys.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Portable gens-
Goes back to not being able to actually use the mod BR runs when mapping. Certain things will work perfectly fine in all version of annihilation and base tribes and then when they are published on BR they go wonky. I have tried restructuring the power groups on the maps with these issues in the past to be exactly the same as the standard classic maps i.e. Broadside to no avail. I really can't fix those without being able to test the maps with the mod they will be used on.

No base damage-
Should be extremely easy to turn back on. I would say anything under 6v6 should be no base rape.

Uneven teams-
Completely agree this is probably the biggest issue with the server right now. The server can go from 25 people to 10 people in a single match just from the domino reaction of people leaving and one team being left severely unbalanced because we have absolutely no auto-balance system in place outside of map changes. Again it should be easy to implement as plenty of mods have had this in the past. I also dislike the way the turrets are handled when a player switches teams currently. All of their defense is disabled by giving it low enough health to not function, yet not destroyed. This gives the illusion that you have defense when actually it's just wasting your deploy counts further hurting your team. Kinda silly. It should just destroy all of your crap if you switch teams and of course you shouldn't be able to switch to the team with more people.

-Maps
I don't recall anyone posting maps to be added to the server and not having them added unless you're talking about someone saying "Hey add that one map with the blocks and the flag and the shooting!!!" Okay...What's the name of the map? Where is it hosted to download it and send it to Owner? Why can't you do it yourself? Did you really even try...probably not.

With the latest map pack I offered to include ANY personally created maps requested to be added and that I wouldn't touch them or change them in any way. If you make a map or have a map and want it added as is I will help forward it to Owner if you can't do it yourself or are unable to get it added yourself. This offer still stands and the only exception is that it has to be a server side map (no download required for players).

Which of the maps were confusing to you legend? I am always open to feedback on maps and I would love to see someone else send some maps in for a change. I know s_hift has made some maps and there was one other really nice looking indoor map posted on these forums a month or so ago, but I don't know of them past that. Were they sent in to be added and never were?
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

I like your maps to be honest, just seems 50% of them I cannot find the damn generator lol. There are so many bases also, which make it confusing to where the generator may be. I only have this issue when I join a server that is getting raped, and I never have time to setup a defense due to constant nukes and phase disrupters that once I heal an invo, go look for the gen. It's dead.

Perhaps I just need to get used to them...
Also in the map rotation could there be some classic maps randomly in them? It is nice to see a new map pack to be honest, but the layout of most of them is quite confusing.

Time will help me I suppose, sorry if you took offense to my previous message Death, i meant no harm.. it was just my opinion.
virus

Post by virus »

With the artillery behind some of these armors, we should increase the durability of generators and turrets. Its so damn easy to kill these things. Nukes, Particle... and slow down that tank!
[NHOP]Virus