Scarabrae

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Scarabrae

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Death666 wrote:Alright nice. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have the {, and }'s completely jacked up somehow because I edited it in notepad. It should be pretty universal as is though because if the 9x9 elevator on the map doesn't have the num = launchpad it just kicks back the the default elevator collision code from base, there are no anni functions in it.

And yeah the standard anni launchpads just didn't work for those maps I did try them out at first. They are a bit too small and don't have enough kick. These maps weren't made by the Dynamix devs, but by some community members probably way back in 98-99 and a lot of the code in the older maps tends to break something on the maps played afterwards. I've fixed most instances of this along the way, but I still need to go through some of these older maps and replace the trigger teleport functions with Plasmatics teleport code which is a lot more stable and universal and lets you have multiple random out drop points. They will all be updated with the next map patch.
Well still use this part though, just in case I do happen to change that function. Which I don't ever see my self doing lol.

Code: Select all

else
   {
      Elevator::onCollision(%this, %object);
   }
Instead of the whole function. This will do the same thing, but call for the function in the mod instead. The function in anni is a bit different than the base code with the check for the mine.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Roger. they will be updated that way in the pack of the current maps BR had that I'm sending you today

Edit:
Now it looks like this. Seems to work and doesn't disrupt the other maps.

Code: Select all

function elevator9x9::onCollision(%this,%object)
{
	%c = Player::getClient(%object);
	if(%this.num == "launchpad")
	{ 
		GameBase::playSound(%this, SoundFireMortar, 0);
		%velocity = 900;
		%zVec = 20;
		%jumpDir = Vector::getFromRot(GameBase::getRotation(%object),%velocity,%zVec);
		Player::applyImpulse(%object,%jumpDir);
	} 
   else
   {
      Elevator::onCollision(%this, %object);
   }
}
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Very nice.