Scarabrae

S_hift

Scarabrae

Post by S_hift »

I refuse to believe that this jump-pad elevator platform was added by accident. Personally, I feel a bit repulsed by it. It is ruining peoples perspective on annihilation. This is one thing that must be removed/resolved promptly. This is not a good look for the server, nor is it a good look for the map developers of the server. Something was obviously changed, and it was not tested.

I see this as an act of negligence. Please come forward with yourself who ever is responsible for something that annoying. I will have more respect for you, because it will show you are not afraid to accept the fault of your actions, and it will show initiative.

Any changes made to the server must be tested thoroughly. Not only that. Any problems found must be taken care of immediately. Can I not stress this detail enough? Time and time again people have pointed out some very obvious flaws, and have provided ways to fix it, or brought it to your attention. Yet these things have gone by untouched/unfixed.

I am trying my hardest to keep my composure on the matter, to tolerate the imperfections of the server. However this minor thing I cannot overlook. It has disrupted not just the overall playability of the map, but the playability of others.

I hope to see that you (Owner) have this situation resolved within the nearest future. The players are getting agitated with minor issues, not as similar in severity, but none the less still troublesome enough for them to go back to their respective mods where they will not deal with such nuisances. I will be playing duel mod until I am notified that this problem has been resolved.

Sincerely,

(S1)^Cyp|-|3R
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
lil Tigga {OZ}

Re: Scarabrae

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

S_hift

Post by S_hift »

Go play Scarabrae on the server. You'll see what I mean.
virus

Post by virus »

Is it a mod issue or a map issue?
[NHOP]Virus
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

it has to be a map issue since its just the elevator by the flag. Its soo easy to solve, just remove the elevator platform. even if its a mod issue. It could be fixed by removing the otherwise redundant elevator
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Uhhhhhhhh. Damn dude you seriously need some medication or a hobby if this is what keeps you up at night.

I didn't break it. That bug has been around for ages I remember it happening way back in the day on cybertron and other annihilation servers, but it only happens every so often (literally almost never). It's nothing to do with the actual map file itself being changed, it never has been. I remember looking into it a long time ago thinking it was possibly a residual effect left over from another map being played that has launch pads, but I never found anything and at that time the server didn't have any other maps with launch pads that would've caused it so it's probably just a mod bug or just shitty tribes elevators being shitty.

The darkstar engine really doesn't handle moving objects well and sometimes they bug out. Also the later versions of annihilation have some jump pad and launch pad code that's coded into the mod which could probably cause this bug.

The elevator:

Code: Select all

};
					instant Moveable "elevator_9x91" {
						dataBlock = "elevator9x9";
						name = "";
						position = "-402.901 282.339 182.136";
						rotation = "0 0 0.749924";
						destroyable = "True";
						deleteOnDestroy = "False";
						waypoint = "top";
						delayTime = "1693.36";
						Status = "up";
					};
I guess I can look into it again and maybe put an out of order sign on the button and a bottle of pills to save someone from having an extreme anxiety attack over not being able to ride the elevator up two meters.
virus

Post by virus »

But, Shift does have a point. This forum is specifically for these type of complaints. If it isn't attended to, what's the point of this?

Shift, can you remove the elevator and post it?
[NHOP]Virus
lil Tigga {OZ}

Post by lil Tigga {OZ} »

Death666 wrote:Uhhhhhhhh. Damn dude you seriously need some medication or a hobby if this is what keeps you up at night.

I didn't break it. That bug has been around for ages I remember it happening way back in the day on cybertron and other annihilation servers, but it only happens every so often (literally almost never). It's nothing to do with the actual map file itself being changed, it never has been. I remember looking into it a long time ago thinking it was possibly a residual effect left over from another map being played that has launch pads, but I never found anything and at that time the server didn't have any other maps with launch pads that would've caused it so it's probably just a mod bug or just shitty tribes elevators being shitty.

The darkstar engine really doesn't handle moving objects well and sometimes they bug out. Also the later versions of annihilation have some jump pad and launch pad code that's coded into the mod which could probably cause this bug.

The elevator:

Code: Select all

};
					instant Moveable "elevator_9x91" {
						dataBlock = "elevator9x9";
						name = "";
						position = "-402.901 282.339 182.136";
						rotation = "0 0 0.749924";
						destroyable = "True";
						deleteOnDestroy = "False";
						waypoint = "top";
						delayTime = "1693.36";
						Status = "up";
					};
I guess I can look into it again and maybe put an out of order sign on the button and a bottle of pills to save someone from having an extreme anxiety attack over not being able to ride the elevator up two meters.
:lol:
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

Damn death just owned u shift
EvilTree{OZ}
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

All I'm saying is that its actually troublesome enough to want to never play the map again. Especially for new comers of different mods. This is the type of thing that keeps them from coming back.

I believe I addressed the manner as lightly and firmly as I could convey it. I didn't get full blown rage when I posted. However the highlight effect was to enhance the readability of it. Because I know some people have problems actually noticing these things.

The problem isn't being able to ride the elevator up two meters. I could honestly give a flying fuck about that. The problem I had was getting thrown in an undesired direction. Especially when the roles I give myself are to defend the flag. It was very troublesome.

If the problem stems within the code written in the mod, then maybe we should refer to the person who made it. Instead of butchering his mod to all hell.

Maybe remove launch pads from other maps?

Moving on to a bigger point. I understand that you feel slightly insulted. There is no need for passive aggressive behavior. Your retort should have been simply "I'm sorry that you had to put up with that, I'll look into it as soon as I get the chance."
There is seriously no need for jabs at my personality. Again I'm sorry if I came off a little aggressive. It was not out of spite towards you. I was merely expressing my frustration on the given circumstance.

So I advised a solution to these problems, if everyone involved with the server is willing to cooperate and unite. We may be able to keep the maps original objects while retaining the launch pads on other maps. I will be contacting plasmatic since he knows the mod inside & out more than any other person.

ps: Eviltree, you should play some tribes today use your name so I can recognize you and say hi.Image