Bring back the droids!

Bring back the Droids

Poll ended at Wed May 14, 2014 10:22 am

Yay
86%
Nay
No votes
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
14%

Total votes: 14

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Bring back the droids!

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

I prob bring back.. I have quite a bit of room for expansion datablock wise, just nothing huge (ie: flair project i wanted to do). Droids should be within the limit. Think I'm sitting at 187ish datablocks, and the cap is around 205. This would be the only thing I could add without cutting other stuff. I'll put them in 6.0 edit as it's getting near completion. Been working on the total stats code. What we have on the server now is just a teaser that bob wrote up. I might get with perr too (helps to have someone to bounce ideas off of), and see what we can do about getting a leaderboard in the objective menu when no one is in Arena. Not sure what it will consist of yet, just an idea I've been thinking of. Probably based on total kills though.
Owner
Site Admin

Post by Owner »

I do recall Droids being somewhat buggy. They did create good number of crashes in different versions of Anni Mods. Something i thought would be important to server stability. Thats all!

Thanks!

Owner
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Droids and OS were initially removed by Kigen due to stability. Specifically, there was a problem with vehicle collisions that could cause the server to scratch it's head long enough for force all of the clients to time-out.

This problem originally included regular vehicles in base mod, colliding with any static shape, turret, or moveable (elevators and doors).

However, ever since CPU speeds started getting measured in GHz instead of MHz, the time-outs were limited to droids and OS colliding with numerous quantities of stacked deployables, such as when people cover turrets with a jump pad and several platforms.

The BR server is hosted on a very advanced computer, which can probably churn through those calculations in an unnoticeable amount of time, but there is only one way to find out... Let us pilot the darn things! :P