Bring back the droids!

Bring back the Droids

Poll ended at Wed May 14, 2014 10:22 am

Yay
86%
Nay
No votes
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
14%

Total votes: 14

{LS}RePublic

Bring back the droids!

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Yeah those floating camera droids, bring em back.
Anyone that played Anni 3.0 will know what I'm talking about

Last edited by {LS}RePublic on Fri May 09, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erowid
Site Admin

Re: Bring back the droids!

Post by Erowid »

{LS}RePublic wrote:Yeah those floating camera droids, bring em back.
Anyone that played Anni 3.0 will know what I'm talking about
i will agree to your terms if base cloaks and turret laptop control is removed

perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Why people who played 3.0?

I think droids were in Annihilation 1.0.
I know they were in 1.31, 1.34, 2.0, 2.1, and 3.0.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

There were camera and suicide droids, right? I remember those. It'd be cool if there was a repair bot as well that could repair assets.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

There were 3 droids.
Survey (useless if spotted by enemies)
Probe (blaster style projectile, could rape a base if it went unnoticed, long enough)
Suicide (mortar style projectile, made everyone and their mother rage quit)

All 3 used the camera shapefile, and could fly past turrets without getting targeted.

I wanted to create one that teleported it's pilot to it's position when it was triggered, and could fly through walls like ghost armor, but I couldn't figure out how to make a flier go through walls like a player could.

Ghost armor's collision box is 2 dimensional, which is why it can't go through floors and ceilings, but it can go through walls facing any direction. If it had no dimensions, it could go through floors and ceilings too. However, vehicles don't have collision boxes in their datablocks.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Droids were actually a lot of fun. It kept you on your toes because they could sneak up on you pretty easily also you never really knew if it was a friendly droid or not. With suicide droid you could hover out over the enemy base and kill people mid air with them after they used a jump pad. Inside or near any surface they were really easy to kill with splash damage. +1 bring back droids.
Scarecrow{oz}

Post by Scarecrow{oz} »

Death666 wrote:Droids were actually a lot of fun. It kept you on your toes because they could sneak up on you pretty easily also you never really knew if it was a friendly droid or not. With suicide droid you could hover out over the enemy base and kill people mid air with them after they used a jump pad. Inside or near any surface they were really easy to kill with splash damage. +1 bring back droids.
:clap: What he said! Bring em back.
Ninetails

Post by Ninetails »

Just make sure the function like OS rockets. Coz i would like noobs sitting in their own base and base raping the other side. The further you go less explosive the power/higher chance of malfunction. Also they should not work if sensor jammers are in place.
{LS}RePublic

Post by {LS}RePublic »

Ninetails wrote:Just make sure the function like OS rockets. Coz i would like noobs sitting in their own base and base raping the other side. The further you go less explosive the power/higher chance of malfunction. Also they should not work if sensor jammers are in place.
Id recommend to bring them back first, test them as they were beforehand and make any necessary adjustments to fit them properly in the mod.
Plus that means less coding for Crow =p
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I agree.

Besides, that is what control jammer is for.