Morgoth gone for good

DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Re: Morgoth gone for good

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Someone get this guy to put in his report again. :)
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

So Morgoth IS REALLY without a doubt gone now?
blankgirl

Post by blankgirl »

So, what's the verdict? Did he stay gone?

blank
Lawlz wrote:
S']['U wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:i love blank girl
:ghey:

You do know that blankgirl is a guy, right? :shh:
I think everyone knows this since he posts pictures of himself after a fucked-up nights. XD
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

blankgirl wrote:So, what's the verdict? Did he stay gone?

blank
Well, I haven't seen him for a really really long time, so Im pretty sure he's still blacklisted
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

Someone kicked a player the other day and claimed it was morgoth.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

There's more than one asshole on the planet...

I believe there are at least 3, maybe 4 different recurring assholes...

I'll list them in chronological order.

Tomato, Fish, Morgoth, Heliuxen (aka Hydro).

Tomato was the first recurring asshole that I can remember... He used to team kill and dismantle defenses constantly. As soon as he'd join a server, he'd get in builder armor with a pitchfork and start moving walls and platforms around his own base, blocking stations and doorways. He'd deploy missile turrets on spawn points, so teammates would have to destroy them to move, but their explosion was so powerful it would kill the shooter as it was destroyed. Thus appearing as a suicide in the chat. However, he was only recurring because the ban function was faulty. I fixed it and haven't seen him since.

Fish has a dynamic IP and a douchebag attitude, and teeter totters on the bannable line depending on if there are admins in the server. He claims that his only fault is free speech, but anyone who can access the alias database knows he smurfs other players, and any non-admin whose ever played with him knows he also dismantles friendly defenses, blocks up entrances to his own bases, and forks teammates non-consentually... Unlike tomato, he doesn't seem to want to make his whole team lose, he specifically targets a single player, and harasses that one player until they rage-quit... Then goes after the next easily excitable character. As far as I know, he's still allowed to walk that tight rope.

Morgoth acted like both tomato and fish, with a light sprinkle of actual criminal activity, such as hacking and DDOS attacks. He got his comeuppance, due to some persistent admins and detailed logs.. However, it's conceivable that he moved and/or changed ISPs and went back to his old behavior... Not sure if he ever realized he was successfully banned, or just thought he successfully took down the server, therefor, I'm not sure if he learned his lesson. I place my money on No.

Lastly, Heliuxen seemed like an innocent high school student getting abused by douche-bag admins, when I befriended him. I made the mistake of sharing the legendz password with him, and he immediately mass messaged it to all of his contacts. He even convinced people who had never heard of Tribes to download the game for the soul purpose of abusing admin in the BR server. Believe it or not this was so long ago that the kid has actually graduated college now, and I'm still facebook friends with him. While he claims he doesn't play anymore, I know he's moved several times, and suspect that he connects infrequently, though I doubt he breaks any rules other than using happy mod, at this point.

Of course, I could probably add myself to this list, because I'm guilty of sharing the legendz password, hacking the server to change the legendz password, leading smear campaigns against other admins (PontiacTom, STU, Fish), etc... I'm also technically guilty of thwarting my ban, although, I don't consider that malicious, as I was unaware that I had been banned, nor was I aware that my IP had changed, until PontiacTom accused me of it in game and then promptly re-banned me.

Anywho, that's your history lesson for the day... Study hard, there will be a test, tomorrow.
vistalize

Post by vistalize »

i love you
EvilTree{OZ}
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Damn, Perr, you keeping all this down on a Text or Note Pad, or by memory?
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Wow, I remember when Hydro got the admin password, this was in 2010 or something. He and Ecko would join, ban most of the admins on the server and hijack it for hours.

About morgoth, he's never surely banned :?
- <!>Tariq^
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

I remember teaching Tomato the missile turret teamkilling trick before my last large hiatus in like 2010. It's funny that it became one of his regular moves.