Da Killer...

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Da Killer...

Post by perrinoia »

Notice I only have 1/6 bars, yet my phone's internet connection is 5.471406491 times faster than my computer's!

Shit, I should just get a mobile hotspot and drop TWC like a bad habit.

Oh wait... Latency...
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

PS: I just saw this nifty little gadget...

4G LTE Hotspot built into a pico-projector running Android...

Unfortunately (although, expected), the projector resolution is not HD, so this won't be replacing my brother's 720p projector in the living room, nor my 1080p computer monitor in my bedroom.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Interesting, but like you said, it's not HD just yet, but I suspect it will get there shortly. Although the big draw back is it can draw from the internet cloud, in which I would block this and just download things on a RAM stick or protable HD to use off it, but I like the ideal of it projecting pictures. Could be something very useful if they start to make it to show in HD for home theater.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I don't understand your hatred of the cloud...

They're just referring to apps like google drive and dropbox.

You can do youtube or netflix, hulu, and a whole lot of other things that come from the cloud.

HD pico projectors do exist, this just isn't one of them... But the fact that it's also a wifi hotspot and has android is awesome.

But here's how I would make it better...

Step 1: HD.
Step 2: multiple webcams like a kinect, to track motion and shit...

Imagine doing a business presentation, and not needing a wireless controller to flip slides... Just use sign language, or gestures.... Swipe your whole arm across the screen and it progresses to the next slide.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I like the small projector that you showed on the vid, but would like it in HD imaging, and yes a remote would be nice also. Your interpretation of the kinect with gestures sounds promising. Maybe you should contact the company with your ideals. You might be on to something ;)

As for the cloud, no, don't like it, it's not tamper proof and can be hacked and loaded with all kinds of stuff that you would download and then it would be on your computer. If your computer is on a network, then your network is now useless. The cloud is nothing more than a large server hosting. Another computer that can be hacked and harmful.

As for hulu, netflix, and other things, I get them already at no charge, and with my library of movies that I started collecting since the early 80's, I have no problem with finding something to watch, at no cost to myself.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Does your collection include new releases (such as American Sniper), or Netflix original series (such as Orange is the New Black)?

I understand the potential threat of hackers taking down a site like dropbox or Google drive, so if you choose to live your life in fear of North Korea, you can probably plug a microSD card into this projector instead of using those free web based file hosts.

Although, I don't see a MicroSD card slot listed in this device's specs...
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

I have soo many movies, I don't know all the titles, and they are spread out between the old Record type movies they had in the early 80's, to VHS's, DVD's, RAM Sticks, and External Multi-Terrabyte HD's. For the new movies, I'll have to check the external HD's to find out, but I do know I have some of the more recent movies from 2013 & early 2014.

P, I don't live my life in fear. Remember what I do for a living, with a Top Secrect Security Clearance. With the past experiences I've had working with Transport lines, which also affect Data lines. I've seen it all. Basically, anything you have uploaded or hooked up to the internet can and eventually will be compromised by someone, something, somehow. Due to seeing all this, I've decided it best to just not add anything of personal interest of myself online. Besides, I can't do that with my Clearance anyways.

Man, I'll tell you, with the ideals you have stated on this projector, you really need to contact them about these ideals. If they decided to integrate these ideals with their next release, you could possibly get compensation for this.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You think they'd compensate me without a patent?

I have almost the opposite approach to internet security...

I figure it'll all be public knowledge, one day, so I just don't keep secrets... Might as well let it be public, today.

Privacy is obsolete, it has been replaced by voyeurism.

You can either be a exhibitionist, or a victim, and I don't intend to be a victim.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ghost wrote:I like to catch up on forum topics in my spare time but god damn this topic was the most boring read I've had in awhile. There's probably more interesting shit to read on a feminist blog.
"Bitch Slaps Ghost" :sarcasm:
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

You want us to discuss male patriarchy, you fucking pig?