Server Lag

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Server Lag

Post by perrinoia »

I downloaded malwarebytes from malwarebytes.org... Is that trustworthy enough?
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Yeah, they should be ok now. They did get hacked awhile ago, and had some problems. Just make sure you DL from the Cached site, not the "AD" site and you should be ok.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Well, the coupon glider is back.

FML.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

You might have the "scroll bar 1 blue.exe" Trojan. Also can be known as:

GEN:VARIANT.ADWARE.GRAFTOR.180167 WIN32:ADWARE-
GEN [ADW] ADWARE GENERIC_R.ABS
TROJAN.SIGGEN6.31407
GEN:VARIANT.ADWARE.GRAFTOR.180167

Basically it's adware from a third party provider to help generate revenue by showing you ads. Check your C: Drive for:

C:\PROGRAM FILES\SCROLL BAR 1 BLUE\SCROLL BAR 1 BLUE.EXE (if you find this delete it and then run another Malware full scan, and then your virus program with a full scan, and you should be good to go)
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Nah, I don't have that. It's called coupon glider, from fevon, or something like that.

I'm not in front of my computer right now, so I might have misspelled that.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Ah that's cool, at least you know what it is, and can find a way to get rid of it.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Not really. I googled it, found instructions, it didn't work.
virus

Post by virus »

perrinoia wrote:Well, I think you infected me, because I've got some stupid coupon shit poking it's head out of the scroll bar, now...

It's like one of those black market merchants that lurk around subways and say, "Pssst! Wanna buy a watch?" and then open their trench coat to reveal all the shit they've pick pocketed people for, in the movies.

Fucking annoying as shit, and I can't find it to uninstall it... Fucker installed itself without having the decency to register as something I can uninstall.

EDIT: Malwarebytes appears to have removed it. It found a trojan in VLC media player and deleted it, and now the coupon thing is gone.

Are you normally logged in as an Administrator?
[NHOP]Virus
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Yeah, it's auto admin.

I don't even have the option to log out.

Haven't tried playing with an alias, either, so I don't know if it auto admins my profile or my ip address.
virus

Post by virus »

I'm pretty sure you're aware that running in Administrator gives Admin rights to all software/programs while in that user.

A best practice is to run in "User" account permissions so that every time a program requires altering the system it requires a password.

I have this setup on my brothers computer and he ran into that "MoneyPack" virus that says the FBI has shutdown his computer and he needs to pay $25 dollars to unlock it and yada yada yada. Since it was restricted to the User account, all was needed was to delete the user and make a new one. They rest of the system was unaffected.
[NHOP]Virus