List of Issues

DaRk

List of Issues

Post by DaRk »

Here's a list of issues I've seen lately. Please add any that I may have missed.

1. Camera markers still visable on most maps
2. Map Inv Station Zappys do not fuction most of the time. Deployed station zappys appear to be fine.
3. New airbase deploy method needs to be adjusted for upper terrain checks. Since you are now place in the airbase upon deploy, this allows you to place an airbase outside of the upper terrain boundary of cave-like maps. You can bomb people from above without penalty of meeting enemy for an unfair advantage since you are protected by terrain.
4. Server crashes appear to happen regardless of map and now happen at times during map change and in the middle of maps. Not sure of any causes at this time.
AnniDv6

Re: List of Issues

Post by AnniDv6 »

1, 2 and maybe 4 should be fixed now.
dawn

Post by dawn »

god damn it i thought it was just me.... ty dark
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

dawn wrote:god damn it i thought it was just me.... ty dark
And what does "GOD" have to do with this? :fpalm:
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Thanks Death. Maybe Perrin can code a fix for 3. Haven't seen him for awhile though.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

1) I don't understand what you are referring to. There is a button to hide/show map markers.

2) Easy fix, if it's caused by my code.

3) Easy fix.

4) That's the most important problem, and the hardest to trouble shoot.

Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Just moved back to RI to work as a boat captain for the summer. Looks like the tourist season is starting early... Good for my wallet, bad for my gaming addiction.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Its just groups of cameras found in different places in the sky throughout the map. Not sure of what the name of them actually is. Whatever changes Death made seems to have fixed 1,2 & 4 at this time. Most people didn't pick up on the 3 bug and how it was being abused. Mostly just get irritated with being bombed and killed from above with no way to meet the enemy.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, good. It's an easy fix to simply look up for terrain, if found below the height of the airbase, cancel deployment.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

wouldn't it be better if you used the line where the deployable already checks for interior objects, then copy and edit to make it work for terrains.

Or am I still just not getting it lol?
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It doesn't use a line to check for interior shapes, it uses a box. The box only detects insertion points, which is why it sometimes fails to prevent the airbase from appearing halfway inside another interior shape, and the insertion point for terrain is at like "-4096 -4096 0" or something like that... Definitely not anywhere near the box.

Using game base - line of sight, on the other hand, would detect where the line intersects with any object, or in this case, I would use simple line of sight, which only detects where the line intersects the terrain.