Tribes: 10% gameplay and 90% accusing people of HM

AnniDv6

Re: Tribes: 10% gameplay and 90% accusing people of HM

Post by AnniDv6 »

Flag hunter mode damages any player that sits too close to the nexus. I was thinking of something like this where any deployable within x distance of the flag would be instantly destroyed irregardless if it was deployed there or moved in. I also think this is a terrible idea in general though. Force field doors at the least are required to keep ghosts from capping very easily. There are also a lot of maps with already exposed flags where if you don't have some sort of cover on the flag the maps will end much sooner.
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Death666 wrote:Flag hunter mode damages any player that sits too close to the nexus. I was thinking of something like this where any deployable within x distance of the flag would be instantly destroyed irregardless if it was deployed there or moved in. I also think this is a terrible idea in general though. Force field doors at the least are required to keep ghosts from capping very easily. There are also a lot of maps with already exposed flags where if you don't have some sort of cover on the flag the maps will end much sooner.
Agreed. It's a pain when you just want to cap like crazy and there are deployables on it, but I feel like thats just part of anni. I've always put forcefields on the flag, and platforms are really just a bit quicker to set up. People still manage to cap all the time anyways. The main reason I put a deployable on it anyways is, as death666 said, to block ghosts.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

Let's code players to not be one dimensional
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Personally, I want to make necromancer beacons do this:

Then remove the ghost pack and phase shifter, but allow necromancers to carry any of the standard packs.

Pros:
  • Fakes death to confuse enemies.
  • Trigger up to teleport (even through walls).
  • Jump to cancel (teleport deploy check fail causes jump).
  • Carry any standard pack.
Cons:
  • Lifeless body can be damaged while searching for suitable teleport location.
Facts that could be interpreted either way:
  • No more invisibility.
  • Beacon item limit.
  • Can't be used to get stuck in walls or on the wrong side of the terrain.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Ghost wrote:Phase shift is dear to my heart and I will defend it to the death.
Astral projection is better, IMO.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

It's a neat pack, but I would rather see it as another option than a replacement. Ghost and phase shift are extremely satisfying as is.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

It's not a pack, it's a beacon.
I wanted to limit it's usage by making it ammo based, and didn't want it to take up the backpack slot.