perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Tribes: 10% gameplay and 90% accusing people of HM

Post by perrinoia »

Wish... Ducking Swype.
Azul

Post by Azul »

The nuke turret thing, sometimes its the only way to destroy the defense those annoying people set directly on top of flags like 20 plasma floors. The floors make it impossible for the other team to get to your flag, but your team can get to your flag to cap by phase shifting. Totally lame.

So put me in the "its annoying that you can't remote control the nuke turret some of the time because of a weird glitch" camp
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

valid point^
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Azul wrote:The nuke turret thing, sometimes its the only way to destroy the defense those annoying people set directly on top of flags like 20 plasma floors. The floors make it impossible for the other team to get to your flag, but your team can get to your flag to cap by phase shifting. Totally lame.

So put me in the "its annoying that you can't remote control the nuke turret some of the time because of a weird glitch" camp
I'm by no means trying to outlaw the nuke turret method, I just think it's a rookie move. Shooting the top few plasma floors and scooping up the flag takes about 4 charged PBeam shots.
Azul

Post by Azul »

I don't think most rookies know you can control turrets like that though. Plus it's an immobile turret that has no defense, isn't it more rookiesh to not know how to handle offensive Nuke turreting?
Erowid
Site Admin

Post by Erowid »

I think the whole jump pads and plasma floors on the flag is very noobish. I don't remember when it started, but I have hated it ever since. Turret control should be removed like it was before, I especially hate when some tard places 5 ion turrets in a hallway and I have to constantly jump out of their turrets.

Azul

Post by Azul »

I agree. Nothing should be able to be placed on the flags but I don't know if that's possible to code. And I'm fine with only controlling turrets using a laptop or command station
Firelord

Post by Firelord »

Ghost wrote:
Azul wrote:I agree. Nothing should be able to be placed on the flags but I don't know if that's possible to code. And I'm fine with only controlling turrets using a laptop or command station
That's very possible to code.
Is it? There is a way to make it impossible to pitch a platform onto a flag?

And Azul, come on. Finding and disabling a nuke turret after its first shot is pretty damn easy. What I consider noobish is the effort to effect ratio of a method. Placing a nuke turret, controlling it, and destroying all the exposed D in one area with one shot takes little skill for how much damage it does. People aren't just using it to clear flag platforms -- they also use it to destroy jumppad/platforms that cover lasers and whatever other exposed stuff is around.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

The problem with that idea, is the same onCollision event would be called if you dropped a flag on a platform... So you could rape someone's defenses by throwing flags at it.

A better idea, would be to add a deploy check to the pitchfork, detecting the proximity to a flag, and preventing any further movement in the flag's direction.