Enemy Turrets WAY too close to my teams base.

Sinister

Enemy Turrets WAY too close to my teams base.

Post by Sinister »

This is seriously out of hand. On broad side today, there were atleast like 7 vortex turret and a full thing of defense, on OUR SIDE of the hill, right infront of our base. You literally could stand at the end of the front deck on your broadside base, and die from D. I reccomend looking into this, because it's happening more and more on other maps aswell, and it makes people drop and we lose players. Why is it even allowed to be that close to our base? Might aswell allow them to put D INSIDE our base....
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Enemy Turrets WAY too close to my teams base.

Post by perrinoia »

I've suggested this before, and I'll suggest it again...
Deploy check that ensures there are no enemy spawn points within firing range and line of sight of the turret.

The only map I can think of that would be adversely affected by this is Brood, I think... Because a laser turret deployed close to your own flag could shoot an enemy next to their own flag, in that tiny map...

Therefore, an exception to this deploy check could be made if the distance between flags is less than the turret's firing range.

Or maybe we don't make an exception and that map becomes playable even when only one team is constantly raped.
2Strong

Post by 2Strong »

I agree with the offensive turret setting being fucked up on bside because the bases are so close that you can hardly get outside (unless you go to top and then behind base). I think there is an issue with vortex range being generally too far since they´ve been made to work again. Also, bashers set so close to enemy base on that map just screw everything up. The fact that turrets are placed in the center of the map right behind the hill´s edge makes it harder to take out from the other base. It seems that lately there is a copycat effect for this strategy.

If you change the range of vortex turrets to lower and don´t allow for 4 bashers being placed so close to enemy base maybe it wouldn´t be so fucked up.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I hate both of those turrets, anyway.