Happymodders, Admins force failing votes, and PopeIV

LM|RCMP*

Re: Happymodders, Admins force failing votes, and PopeIV

Post by LM|RCMP* »

As for Zorlak and Paranoid, if you believe them to be using HM, and any LM leaders or senior captains are in game, notify them via private chat so they can observe.

LM|| leaders are: LM|| S_pydeR, LM|| LunaticChick, LM|| Ghost, LM|| Challenge, LM|| NoBody, LM|| RCMP

Any LM|| members who are found, with substantiating evidence, and proof, to be using HM, will be stripped of their rank in LM and placed on probation on LM forums
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

DaJ4ck3L wrote:im sure you can understand why perr.
Yes, I wasn't suggesting any changes made to who has admin or how...

I was suggesting that in addition to storing the admin password in the config, we should also store the admin name, so that when an admin logs in using a password, the server announces the admin name, associated with that password.

For instance, if I was playing as "AdvancedPlatypus", and wanted to swing my ban hammer... I'd either reconnect as LM|| Perrinoia to get auto-admin or login with my sad password.

If I logged in with my sad password, the server would announce, "LM|| Perrinoia is here to save the day!" or something like that.
Likewise, if I used an admin action, instead of saying "AdvancedPlatypus banned <><PoisonousFish", it would say, "LM||Perrinoia banned <><PoisonousFish". Then the noobies could be like, "WTF, he ain't even in this server, how he do dat?" and AdvancedPlatypus would say, "Magic".

Oh, actually, we should have an admin message function that uses the admin name variable instead of the client's name, too.
Lawlz

Post by Lawlz »

zerocool wrote:As for Zorlak and Paranoid, if you believe them to be using HM, and any LM leaders or senior captains are in game, notify them via private chat so they can observe.

LM|| leaders are: LM|| S_pydeR, LM|| LunaticChick, LM|| Ghost, LM|| Challenge, LM|| NoBody, LM|| RCMP

Any LM|| members who are found, with substantiating evidence, and proof, to be using HM, will be stripped of their rank in LM and placed on probation on LM forums

wut. I've played quite a bit with Paranoid under smurf names and stuff to believe he does not HM lmao. He's a good player though for sure.
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

Lawlz wrote:
zerocool wrote:As for Zorlak and Paranoid, if you believe them to be using HM, and any LM leaders or senior captains are in game, notify them via private chat so they can observe.

wut. I've played quite a bit with Paranoid under smurf names and stuff to believe he does not HM lmao. He's a good player though for sure.
I agree, thats why if anyone was suspiciouns of any LM member using HM, DO NOT ANNOUNCE IT TO EVERYONE IN THE SERVER, send a private chat to an LM leader so they can either verify, or determine if it is a false accusation. We do not need our members getting a bad rep because a few people get butthurt. LM takes complaints of HM use very seriously

LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security for LM
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

perrinoia wrote:
DaJ4ck3L wrote:im sure you can understand why perr.
Yes, I wasn't suggesting any changes made to who has admin or how...

I was suggesting that in addition to storing the admin password in the config, we should also store the admin name, so that when an admin logs in using a password, the server announces the admin name, associated with that password.

For instance, if I was playing as "AdvancedPlatypus", and wanted to swing my ban hammer... I'd either reconnect as LM|| Perrinoia to get auto-admin or login with my sad password.

If I logged in with my sad password, the server would announce, "LM|| Perrinoia is here to save the day!" or something like that.
Likewise, if I used an admin action, instead of saying "AdvancedPlatypus banned <><PoisonousFish", it would say, "LM||Perrinoia banned <><PoisonousFish". Then the noobies could be like, "WTF, he ain't even in this server, how he do dat?" and AdvancedPlatypus would say, "Magic".

Oh, actually, we should have an admin message function that uses the admin name variable instead of the client's name, too.
yes i already knew you would say this. i agree.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

zerocool wrote:
Lawlz wrote:

I agree, thats why if anyone was suspiciouns of any LM member using HM, DO NOT ANNOUNCE IT TO EVERYONE IN THE SERVER, send a private chat to an LM leader so they can either verify, or determine if it is a false accusation. We do not need our members getting a bad rep because a few people get butthurt. LM takes complaints of HM use very seriously

LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security for LM
hahaha, good post man. i'm glad your clan take matters serious. that shows a good sign of responsibility.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Wait, what? You agree? Is that allowed? Does one of us have to change our opinion? Not it!
LM|RCMP*

Post by LM|RCMP* »

perrinoia wrote:Wait, what? You agree? Is that allowed? Does one of us have to change our opinion? Not it!
I meant that I agree with needing to have more proof and evidence before saying "yes that player is using HM". I hate when people falsely accuse others of HM when there is nothing to back up their complaint
LM|| RCMP*
Head of Security
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I was referring to Crow agreeing with me on something.

We usually agree to disagree at the end of our conversations.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

lol