some things regarding the mod

S_hift

some things regarding the mod

Post by S_hift »

- minigun. Much better than it used to be but it really needs a balance nerf. not a damage nerf. I'm thinking of an overheating function that causes the gun to increase bullet spread the longer its fired until the spread becomes a large cone and stops firing or locks up from overheating. server message: minigun cooling off.

- Necromancer. we where all for the necro buff at first especially with the annoying flag drop. However now that it doesn't even drop the flag at all people are complaining that it is in fact OP. I propose a flag drop rate based on health or armor. if the user has less than 50% health then flag drop rate instantly defaults to 50/50 but if player is above 50% armor then flag drop rate is non existent. This leaves things up to the player to take the risk (chance) or wait till they're full health to cap (skill).

- vulcan. This gun still needs to be renerfed to its old stock values. the builder doesn't really need a second OP sniping weapon and the vulcan buff was merely introduced to troll as means of combating the titan. After the minigun was introduced the vulcan kept its buffed up values and features continued to remain.

- chameleon assassin. I have to say I like most of the new updates so far with this armor. but now nothing much really sets it apart from the rest of the armors. its not even really an infiltrator class anymore. Replace the beacon with a knife weapon that you can use 5 times. instead of allowing chance to knife enemy's, instead allow a player to actually get up close and personal and control the stabs with beacon.

- angel. I still think this armor is quite useless other than for holding flag way up out of reach. maybe the biofeedback should not only heal teammates, but leech health from enemies.

last but not least. For the love of god make new portable generators. I rarely spend anymore time setting defense, because there is just no point anymore to protect something that either can't be destroyed or can be destroyed entirely too easy.

still love the mod and the edit, but it still needs a lot of work. and I think an ever developing mod like this it will probably always need work until the community can agree that it is finished. good job on airbases and jails btw. those are fixed good.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: some things regarding the mod

Post by perrinoia »

S_hift wrote:- minigun. Much better than it used to be but it really needs a balance nerf. not a damage nerf. I'm thinking of an overheating function that causes the gun to increase bullet spread the longer its fired until the spread becomes a large cone and stops firing or locks up from overheating. server message: minigun cooling off.
I totally agree. I used to love the ^AU^ edit with an assault rifle which increased spread as your fire rate increased, and became more accurate if you waited a second between each shot. I've found that the base chaingun actually behaves this way, too... In fact, there are two ways to make the base chaingun more accurate... You can repeatedly tap the trigger rather than holding it down, as the first shot always lands in the same spot, or you can make your crosshair orbit your target at the same speed that the spread does, as the spread is quite predictable, and not random, at all. I'm not sure how to randomize it, at all.
S_hift wrote:- Necromancer. we where all for the necro buff at first especially with the annoying flag drop. However now that it doesn't even drop the flag at all people are complaining that it is in fact OP. I propose a flag drop rate based on health or armor. if the user has less than 50% health then flag drop rate instantly defaults to 50/50 but if player is above 50% armor then flag drop rate is non existent. This leaves things up to the player to take the risk (chance) or wait till they're full health to cap (skill).
I agree with crow on this one... I dislike everything about the random flag drop. What if ghost armor dropped the flag when damaged... Thus, if someone ghosts through a wall, grabs flag, and steps on a mine on their way to the next wall, they drop the flag and the explosion shoved them through the next wall before they realize they dropped it.
S_hift wrote:- vulcan. This gun still needs to be renerfed to its old stock values. the builder doesn't really need a second OP sniping weapon and the vulcan buff was merely introduced to troll as means of combating the titan. After the minigun was introduced the vulcan kept its buffed up values and features continued to remain.
Same problem as minigun... I agree, but not quite sure how to fix other than increasing spread and reintroducing the same glitches I mentioned from base.
S_hift wrote:- chameleon assassin. I have to say I like most of the new updates so far with this armor. but now nothing much really sets it apart from the rest of the armors. its not even really an infiltrator class anymore. Replace the beacon with a knife weapon that you can use 5 times. instead of allowing chance to knife enemy's, instead allow a player to actually get up close and personal and control the stabs with beacon.
I think chameleon pack should change your armor appearance, too... Like randomly switch to larmor, lfemale, marmor, mfemale, or harmor while the pack is active. No difference in damage scale... Just the appearance of being bigger. I think that would fool more enemies.
S_hift wrote:- angel. I still think this armor is quite useless other than for holding flag way up out of reach. maybe the biofeedback should not only heal teammates, but leech health from enemies.
I think grapple should effect enemies more than friendlies, so you can grab an enemy and throw them around like a trebuchet.
S_hift wrote:last but not least. For the love of god make new portable generators. I rarely spend anymore time setting defense, because there is just no point anymore to protect something that either can't be destroyed or can be destroyed entirely too easy.
I agree.
S_hift wrote:still love the mod and the edit, but it still needs a lot of work. and I think an ever developing mod like this it will probably always need work until the community can agree that it is finished. good job on airbases and jails btw. those are fixed good.
I disagree... The mod is horrendous. :trolol:
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Minigun:
I've said this before, but it's a nightmare balancing other heavy armor weapons against the current particle beam and I believe the community would first need to adapt to a particle beam that does not one hit shielded heavies across the map or at least has a reload delay longer than the current one first before we can really get serious about balancing weapons.

Necromancer:
Still not a fan of flag drop without the player pressing the keys to do so. Maybe play less Tribes Ascend? In all seriousness though I agree that they are very good now and I think the best immediate fix would be to come up with a more fitting beacon ability for the armor so that Chameleon and Necromancer no longer share the same beacon ability. This also raises the question of why you think players getting out with the flag is a bad thing. Is it happening too often, against too much defense etc.?

Vulcan:
Agreed. In the right hands the current vulcan is clearly too powerful.

Chameleon:
I agree with changing the assassinations to a physical knife and I've thought about having it in your weapon bar as something you always have which does not take up a weapon slot and is changed to with a keystroke such as '6' similar to how the grappler used to work.

Angel:
How can you not like the soul grabber though? Angel also steals enemy grenades and mines and beacons when it touches their armor so I always assumed it was meant for disruption.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

well the necro mancer is being used when less than 3v3 and typically people are courteous and set light defense leaving the flag exposed. I blame the defenders really. But it can be op in smaller games.

and I just learned something about angel that I hadn't known in all the time i've played anni.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

For realz? You didn't know that? LOL

Their grenades have quite a bit of kickback, too, so I love to toss a grenade in the way of speed capers and knock them off course, then chase them down and steal their miscellaneous items before killing them.

I find it funny that we keep making shit OP so it can defeat other OP shit, and then complaining about the shit being too OP.
S_hift

Post by S_hift »

yeah it is a bit ironic. In all honest tho I have perfected a version of anni with entirely balanced weapons.

it featured the following

didn't mess with any damage variables at all
decreased the blast radius on phase disruptor to match its actual projectile radius (the big blue part)
buffed deployabes to that of what the br server currently had it (from stock anni but ended up stronger than br) techically a damage variable adjustment ie max damage

it was really meant as a training server for the emerald tribe so these where for the following training modifications meant to make it harder to be more mobile
titans where 20% heavier
trolls where 50% heavier
chams had 10% more thrust/jet capacity
builder had 5% faster body movement along with the stock/default energy drain railgun
Ozzie

Post by Ozzie »

I think we should add carrot farming to the Annihilation mod, because sometimes I feel like taking a break from all the violence and just growing some carrots.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

No....organic dildos for you to use won't work :sarcasm: :fshit: