Jesus Christ, where has the balance gone?

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Jesus Christ, where has the balance gone?

Post by perrinoia »

Exactly... It's the douche bags who hide behind a hill sniping like a titan, rapid firing while toggling ghost pack, who are forcing me to beat on my keyboard like a red headed step child.

Yes, they instantly take damage when they enable ghost pack, but they slowly auto heal when they disable ghost pack, too.
Fixious

Post by Fixious »

I'm all for making defenses weaker. :ttup:
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

I personally believe changing the PBeam in anyway, shape, or form would be really gay. It's not an issue and the only people that complain about it are noobs. It's not hard to keep from being sniped 24/7 unless you're standing around like an idiot doing nothing in plain sight. However, i seriously agree with the rest of this though. Blast walls are so strong now its retarded and now the game has changed to EXACTLY what Perrin said. Period. It's fact. Set Decently placed D and your base is fine for the rest of the map and you can literally have your entire team ignore it and go O. It should have never came to that to begin with.

EDIT: IF you want to do something to the PBeam give it the pitchforks smoke trail. That would make it easier to find campers that sit there and do nothing but snipe all game. Once a person sees that smoke floating in the air its pretty easy to find where you are, and you would be forced to move to another location, and also make you have to use some decent skill to fight off spawn rushers coming to end your spree as well.
assasin

Post by assasin »

i think you missed the recent update related to defense :lup:
Nightmare OG

Post by Nightmare OG »

Lol i haven't been on in awhile. Chances are i have. I just assumed it hasn't been touched lol My B, and how's you bro? Doing good i hope
SpydeR.
Site Admin

Post by SpydeR. »

Can we put back in the portable generator? I have had many community members ask for it to be brought back.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

That's a long term goal. Gotta rewrite how everything reacts to it without causing an endless loop of code, of course.
Jegue

Post by Jegue »

Alright, the last updates sucked, that's not new, but Chameleon armor in special became exaggeratedly overpowered. Both Necro and Chem have a shield beacon that already made them more powerful indoors than Titan. Why is Chameleon also gifted with almost-endless flying? There's plenty of HMers in the server's player base, some love this armor in special. What's the point in making light armors much more powerful than heavy armors?
- <!>Tariq^
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Well you aren't wrong. Necromancer and Chameleon share a beacon ability in the code so when you change one you're changing both. I wanted to get rid of invisibility because a lot of people were complaining about it to me and there really wasn't a good replacement that makes sense for both of those armors. The shielding is a placeholder. As far as some of the other changes in the last patch go I thought at the time that I would be making a follow up patch a lot sooner than I am able to do so now.

The next patch will reverse some of the changes and hopefully be a collaboration
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

They don't have to call the same function...