Spoon bots

KILROY

Re: Spoon bots

Post by KILROY »

I was on last night in obs, seeing most players complaining about the bots causing issue's on particular maps. Not only just lag issue's, but causing them to crash also. I haven't been on long enough to actually see this happen, but just seeing some remark on the issue in open chat.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry, have been afk for a few months. Finally got rid of that less than 6mb DSL service via AT&T that they never tried to upgrade and I was paying anywhere from $100 to $120 a month for 120GB's and another $10 for every 50GB's after. I'm now on cable. Since Time Warner sold out to Spectrum, I talked with some uppers with Spectrums Corporate office and they did a site survey for services after I relayed what I did for a living in keeping their services up for their customers. I also relayed that with being with AT&T and doing a site speed test for a service that I was paying them for a dedicated 6mb DSL service and found out I was only getting 3.93mb's from them and paying the amount I was for their services, I not only discontinued their services, but AT&T is now going to have to go through a lawsuit for repaying of services not given. After Spectrum did the site survey, they relayed it would cost less then $4K to hook me up to a dedicated aerial cable service giving me a dedicated 200mb speed, and they would give me a modem, router at no charge for $50 a month, unlimited service, and they agreed to cover the run of the cable, and I would only have to pay a one time fee of $48.10 for the aerial cable run. This was to show their appreciation on what I did for a living in keeping their services up for their customers. I thanked them, due to my only other choice was a dish with viasat that only gave up to 25mb's, and I didn't want that dish on my roof. Which they actually liked that statement and are now using it in their commercial(s).

Since finding out that AT&T didn't provide a speed that "they" relayed I was paying for, my company has now created a team that is testing out bandwidth speeds to see if a company isn't delivering a particular speed to it's customer(s). Residential and Business. If they are found to not be delivering a speed, but are charging one or more speeds that are not being delivered, each company will have submissions to different federal groups and these groups will contact these providers and heavy penalties will have to be paid.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Fantastic news. When i first connected last night, i was bumming wifi from the marina, but it was slow and at times unresponsive. I switched to my Verizon 4G mobile hotspot and reconnected as Perrinoia.1 or whatever. It was better, but i still experienced trigger lag like crazy.

During my duels against dark, the latency was causing me to select the wrong weapon constantly, or preventing me from releasing the trigger on my particle beam at all.

I kept finding myself in situations where i knew i was getting damaged, but could not get my player to react fast enough to save my life.

I remember when the minigun was first added and chaingun was overpowered to match... Getting shot by one caused this to me, and now i'm wondering if one of the HM bots hiding outside of the mission area is unloading on a hillside, lagging out the server.

While overhauling the bots, I'd love it id we could reduce the frequency of bullets and increase the damage output of each accordingly, in the name of stability.
DaRk

Post by DaRk »

6 Mbps for $100+ with data caps? That's highway robbery.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

DaRk wrote:6 Mbps for $100+ with data caps? That's highway robbery.
And I wasn't even getting the 6. I found out after being with them for over 5 yrs. that I was getting 3.93. Unfortunately, that was the only company providing to me. Time Warner's Dmark was just outside my gate, which is 4 1/2 Acres away from my residence, and they wanted over $1,200 to extend the Dmark. Which is why I tried again after Spectrum bought them, and Spectrum only charged me $48.10. The bill was a bit over $4 grand. Spectrum covered the $4 grand, gave me a new modem, Wi-fi router covering both 2G and 5G bandwidths, and ran the cable above ground. For a 200 Mbps speed, unlimited for $50 a month!
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Kilroy I need a provider that has a mobile hotspot that will actually let me stream. Where I'm at right now I can't get a normal ISP and the phone companies have gone nuts limiting the hotspots so none of them are unlimited or they charge you crazy amounts. Any advice?

@spoonbots
So it's an anti-hm type bot like the flags that we used to have underground?
The console is getting heavily spammed when on one of the bot maps so I'm sure there's a couple things causing the slowdown on those maps. When I spawned them in one at a time it seemed to be the Tank bot causing the issue, but if you spawn a Warrior (painter) bot first then it's a little better, but still lots of errors. I pushed the bot update out probably way too early because I didn't have internet for a few months, but also I had pretty much done all I could do in terms of just getting it to semi-work with annihilation.

I went ahead and changed the start map back to a CTF Ground map for now so it won't be going to bots every time the bots crash the server anymore.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

Kilroy I need a provider that has a mobile hotspot that will actually let me stream. Where I'm at right now I can't get a normal ISP and the phone companies have gone nuts limiting the hotspots so none of them are unlimited or they charge you crazy amounts. Any advice?
I use Sprint, but don't do much streaming on my LG Tribute 5 mobile smartphone, due to Sprint limiting me to 120 gig usage each billing cycle, and $10 each 50 gigs after. Let me reach out to my brother-in-law and see what he recommends. He's the supervisor for the data team IP side, and he probably hears more on this than myself.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, my bill isn't that cheap either. For two phones, one with international calling, I pay about $100 a month. More if I have to make any international calls.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

T-mobile is running ads in my area, $100/month for 2 unlimited data lines & 2 new phone leases.
I haven't read the fine print, but everyone i know who travels highly recommended t-mobile.

Verizon has the best coverage where I live, and my sister and i split a bill with 5 unlimited data lines.
We each lease a mifi hotspot and a galaxy s8 plus, and we gave my grandma a hand-me-down iphone so we can remotely track her blood glucose levels. The total bill comes to a whopping ~$350 and we take turns paying it.
It's painful.

Also, unlimited data to Verizon means 15 gigs unthrottled per line per month. Excess gigs are throttled but don't cost extra. This means we get to stream a few hours of Netflix in hd on each device, then everything is blurry or laggy for the rest of the month (on hotspots).

The phones are immune to throttling unless hosting a hotspot, though, so as long as you're watching on your phone screen it can be hd lag free all month long.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Bot maps are consistently causing timeouts. Seemingly for everyone because after a disconnect/connect everyone is gone. Can we PLEASE remove them until the issue is resolved. Thanks.
KILROY

Post by KILROY »

K, just heard back from my brother-in-law...he just drove back from Chicago to Denver, Colorado in a UHaul. He uses TMobile, and said he's signal was dropping on the trip. His brother was with him and his brother uses Verizon, and said his signal didn't drop one time. Fully reliable, but can be a costly service to pay for.

I don't know how reliable my Sprint service is, due to not using it for hotspot streaming, but my HD resolution and speed are constant and never change due to working out a deal with the Sprint store manager I go through. He even sold me my LG Tribute 5's when they came out for $120 each, and gave me a monthly discount due to relaying to him who I worked for. Which is the reason I haven't switched service providers. I was going to go with Verizon at one time, but with what Sprint is giving me for the price, no other provider can beat it. Other providers don't even offer International calling. Now that I have Spectrum internet services, I'm waiting for them to add International cell phone service. They offer unlimited nationwide cell service right now for $40 a month. Once they can offer International with it, I'm switching to Spectrum.

EDIT for spelling.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

OldGuy wrote:Bot maps are consistently causing timeouts. Seemingly for everyone because after a disconnect/connect everyone is gone. Can we PLEASE remove them until the issue is resolved. Thanks.
Death said he made CTF default instead of CTFb, so as long as nobody votes for CTFb, you shouldn't have to worry about that anymore.