Spoon bots

perrinoia
Site Admin

Re: Spoon bots

Post by perrinoia »

$Spoonbot::ThinkingInterval = 5; //== Interval in sec between which bots will "reconsider" their situation
//== NOTE: RespawnDelay MUST be higher than ThinkingInterval
Isn't respawn delay 0, or do the bots have a different respawn delay than players?
Also, that's a silly and easily fixable limitation.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

$Spoonbot::RespawnDelay = 10;

Another setting that would be nice to be able to toggle in the tab menu for spoonbot
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

This may be a coincidence, but last night, I noticed lag every time I came into censor range of the enemy base in Scarabrae.

I believe the spoonbot script that determines what to do when a player or players are targeted might be written inefficiently.

There's either a loop that cycles through thousands of possibilities or perhaps the spoonbots are exporting statistics... I'm not sure without reading the code...

Of course it could also just be the shitty hotel/marina wifi I'm connected to. I've got 4/5 bars right now, but sometimes it randomly decides I need to resubmit the password, and sometimes the hotel guests hoard the bandwidth.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

I added a folder named 'Current BR Scripts' to the dropbox, Perrinoia. It has the current scripts, decompiled as well as a folder for all of the Spoonbot .cs files. Check it out.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Sweet... So, Tasha.cs is the one I'm looking for, right?

That's one of those scripts where as I'm reading it, I'm wondering how they fuck it ain't broken, and then I play and I'm like, "Oh right, it is".

Like, it works the first time, which is probably the amount of times DeadTaco tested his shit before publishing it, but the formatting is so fucked you can just tell that he was shocked his shit worked the first time.

I'll clean it up and get back to you.
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Tasha.cs is used by the flying arena bots. There's a couple old commands associated with those including some duck-type bots, some bots for the map Battle Cube in Arena and in the patch before this spoonbot patch I added AnniBots.cs which adds #bot duelAngel, #bot duelSpy and so on. Those can only be spawned with the legends admin and you might have to be in Arena on the map Battle Cube as well. Feel free to mess around with those as well.

I put the .cs files added or changed by spoonbot in their own folder in the dropbox.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Oh, OK. That makes a lot more sense. I was reading ai.cs and tasha.cs and didn't see any of the bots I've been fighting against.

I don't use the arena features, so I have no idea if those work or not.

PS: I don't see the spoonbots folder or annibots.cs. Are you sure you added it to the drop box folder that I have access to?

EDIT: Apparently dropbox simply wasn't syncing the files. I restarted drop box and your new folders appeared. Unfortunately, it synced some of the changes I was not finished with in the old folder "Deaths Testing Scripts/Tasha.cs" to be exact.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

Alright... So this script was written by someone named Werewolf? Never heard of him. Does that mean it's OK to shit talk his code?

So many if's... as if he's never learned how to write a loop. Formatting was just as bad as original Dynamix team. Tons of whitespace...

I've completely reformatted the ai.cs file, now I'm gonna read through the code and see if I can find any issues besides redundant and inefficient code.
perrinoia
Site Admin

Post by perrinoia »

I randomized bot genders so you don't have to specify in the bot names anymore, because it's 2019 and that shouldn't matter anymore... ;)

I also rewrote function createAI to reduce the ridiculously complex list of if statement's Werewolf wrote to derive armor and voice from the bot names. Now there's a single loop containing a single if statement, which supports all 8 armors.

But I'm wondering if even that is necessary?

Can't we just randomize the armor too?

The only thing that should be specified by the mission is the name and the path. The script should enable flight as needed to navigate the path, but I think armor and gender could be random. Weapon loadout could be determined by armor, as could weapon selection.

This means instead of having bots named "troll female" or whatever, you could have bot's named whatever you want. Personally, I like the idea of giving bots cryptic names like "70657272696E6F6961".
AnniDv6

Post by AnniDv6 »

Yeah I think it would be nice to have all of that random as well, that way we wouldn't have certain armors always doing the same thing. The Arena bots have a name generator that picks a partial beginning middle and end to a name from a big list, you could take a look at that. That means we would also need to fix it so any of the bots will do all of the things without relying on the other bots like they do now. For example the whole 'painting' the target part of the code. It would be much nicer if any bot looked for and attacked those targets, healed base assets, etc.

One thing I was thinking about was if there's any way to sort of automatically generate these navigation points they follow without having to go in and do it manually on a map by map basis.