Pro Match Results ???

SGT ROCK

Pro Match Results ???

Post by SGT ROCK »

Mornin, Oh wait, it's not morning. My head hurts!!! :roll: , I haven't had that much to drink in a very long time. The waitress brought us some shots in a test tube and called it electric marijuana. I told her "honey put those away and just bring us some of the real stuff". I probably shouldn't have drank it in retrospect but I digress.... ( a good time all in all )

I hope you all had fun at the match, It was great playing a short while Friday with some great players (prematch). I got a couple of good maps in before I had to split, even though I got my ass handed to me somewhat. Just knowing you're playing with some great shooters/combatants is a excellent motivation and exciting. At least it is for me and I imagine it's much the same for you all.

So to the point... How did it go? I see a few post match posts but no real rundown on how it all went. I hope to see a vid sometime too. I see a post about crashing the server was that a joke or did it actually happen?

If one of you gets the time I'd really like to hear about it.
S_hift

Re: Pro Match Results ???

Post by S_hift »

FoxLegend and I were the only ones who showed up -.-

It kinda bothers me that no one wants to challenge themselves or anyone else anymore. That's what it should be about. Going up against people more skilled than yourself so that you learn something greater, instead of same people with the same movements.

I find myself disconnecting often because no one wants to step up their game anymore. I get bored and leave after clearing out a few bases on various maps.
Image <--Click here to subscribe to S_hift's youtube
Click here for full access to all my tribes downloads
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

S_hift wrote:FoxLegend and I were the only ones who showed up -.-

It kinda bothers me that no one wants to challenge themselves or anyone else anymore. That's what it should be about. Going up against people more skilled than yourself so that you learn something greater, instead of same people with the same movements.

I find myself disconnecting often because no one wants to step up their game anymore. I get bored and leave after clearing out a few bases on various maps.
Well I kind of got tied up at the last min. And no i'm not a challenge to you or fox. But I will say this. When I had my first computer I decided I was going to get a fast multiplayer fps game. So I went to Wally world and the first one that caught my eye was Tribes. And I've purchased many other games since then and none can stand up to this one. And by far i'm not a great titan player so I didn't think I could be much competition but still will never have any regrets playing with you all.
And Crow...lol
Last edited by Beavis on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

All good my man, and he forgot to mention me.^^^

I was there lol. Good players are a dieing breed. If you want to play vs skill now days you pretty much have to play at base, as that's where most of the Elite players seem to be gathering from different mods.

I honestly have to tune down my sniping when I'm in the server so the other team doesn't rage quit. The only time I find I can ever really let loose is when another good player is on the other team. I've been doing the same in Arena too just so other players don't leave lol. Let a guy get a win here and there, bumps up moral.

I want to take on a few padawans and show them the ropes. Get some new blood flowing in Tribes. Anthrax isn't too bad, and I would love to help out cafe clan and see they do ok. We need to find a way to pull in some of the ascend players. There's a huge active player base right there, and I bet half of them have never seen what Tribes can really do. Makes me wish we had a Tribes that looked like this.

^^^http://theexiled.pwnageservers.com/images/broadside/
DaJ4ck3L
Crow{OZ}

Post by DaJ4ck3L »

Man when I first saw that I was tempted to start a donation pull just to try and get like 3k to pay an artist to make some 2010 graphics for T1.40. If we could just have one guy reskin all of tribes with modern day graphics, I could fix up 1.40 code, and throw in a nice config to go with the new reskinned product, and release that shit as freeware. We could pull in 1000s of people, it would be awesome. Of course I would put up a new master server, as the new game would have to have updated player and weapon models which would be server and client side. I would make sure though that the game is 100% backwards compatible with all the mods for Tribes. The new master Server would just make it easier so players can know which server supports their game. If you host a model server side, then it doesn't cause the bugs that you see in the current models we have now. Like skipping through the model, and how some are buggy if they hit something before they drop. I think I would be able to fix all that client side by hosting the same models server side.

Like if we had a remastered disc, a new model with 2010+ graphics (while still making sure it looks close to original), then that model would be applied not only to the client, but the server). That's why I say new master server. Same could be done with new invos, turrets, etc, etc. The only models that I would want to keep original (stock no edits aside from reskin), are base and terrain models, everything else would have to be redone to add next gen graphics to it. Right now the best graphics we have are like 2003-2005 quality graphics (not counting the custom models krog has put out), and them can be found in my HQ pack hosted on OZ site. This would be a huge project though, and would need money for funding. I don't think it will ever come to be, but it's nice to dream about it lol. If I didn't just have to pay 3,500 on a car, I would match a 1000 with someone on it lol.

Servers would be hosted using 1.41 patch for 1.30 Tribes. In this build I would make the models (so that models have true properties instead of flaky walk throughs, most who have used custom invo models know what I mean) for 1.30, and include a 1.30 in the build, but strictly for server hosting. The gameplay would come from the 1.40 exe of course. Some may know already, but 1.40 was incomplete and unable to host stable servers, so the host client would be a 1.41 (patched 1.30) build, while the game client would be 1.40 with the 1.41 patch. Just random ideas I had on the remastered Tribes I dream of in my head lol.

In case anyone doesn't know what 1.41 is yet, it's the newest patch (after hope <<<--- is what they're calling it), and the best imo. It patches the happymod from 1.40 (game freezes if u try to use it), but still allows users to use the netset. Great patch, but I doubt we will ever see it come to play in our server. Will probably be bypassed before then lol.
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

We need more shazbot, is all we need.
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

That really sounds like a good plan Crow. We could use a update like those pictures.
f0xL3g3nD :)

Post by f0xL3g3nD :) »

Beavis wrote:That really sounds like a good plan Crow. We could use a update like those pictures.
then play Tribes Ascend
NaStY

Post by NaStY »

tribes ascend is awesome!
Beavis

Post by Beavis »

Yeah but this game here is more OZsome